• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Billboard is up!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Good work getting it done, I hope it brings the results you are looking for.
Did you get to do the install?
Looks pretty high up there.

wayne k
guam usa

HulkSmash

How do you intend to monitor results? I'd be curious to find how how many sales come in as a direct result of that one board, and whether or not it's worth the monthly expense. I hope it does great for you anyway.

i'm currently only putting the 1800 # on there to see how much generates from it. And we also always ask, "how did you hear of us"

HulkSmash

As much as I like your work... billboard layout advertiser your not.

Way to many words.
Way to many things to look at.
Kerning is good for signs with closer view.. not billboard.

Other then that looks good.

6 words with a logo? You said everything on it looks bad, then say other then that looks good... so you like the background?

Wraps ink

To me this says ( our wraps get you noticed..but we advertise with a billboard)..lol kinda ironic I think..in my shop billboards are the enemy...Wraps are the new billboards!

tcorn1965

Colorado,
My critique is as a guy driving down the road seeing your billboard. This is a guess but probably 95% of a non-industry person will not know what wraps mean in conjunction with signs and or a billboard. IMO you need an example, like that sick Camaro you wrapped. Color scheme my not work but you get the drift. Maybe use the logo you have on your website on the left of your billboard (where text is at now) and then a sweet wrap on the right (majority of your advertising here)...start strong on The vehicle image and then fade out on design...Then incorporate something like "Don't let your business fade, I wont"

I am graphically challenged, opinions are on what I would look twice at

Terry

ForgeInc

yeah, he nixed a plethor of great ideas.

Yeah, have to say there was a slew of great ideas in there that didn't get used, and I honestly think you made a mistake by not showing a wrap.

Even if you didn't wanna use any of the great headlines folks came up with, I think simply replacing all the copy on the left with a picture of wrap would help, you don't need the copy.

Even better, instead of showing your logo, use a picture of YOUR wrapped vehicle with your logo on it (or even use a rendering if you don't have a great photo or want to cheat the logo bigger, etc) then just your 1-800 number and phone number. Done.

This way, there is some sort of reference as to what you are talking about and it simplifies your layout (by combining a picture of a wrap with your logo). Your billboard is still busy and unless someone catches the words "sign" in there, they aren't going to know what you are talking about...I am sure of it. You give people waaayyyy too much credit!

Jillbeans

It really misses the mark, in my opinion.
It has way too much copy and it's sort of hard to read and cramped.
And it does assume that everyone knows what a wrap is.
Next time, simplify.
It's a waste of space if nobody can read it at 55MPH.
At least you learned the ropes on this one, so the next one will be easier.
Love....Jill

Techman

Billboards used with a 7 point system do produce results.

Used alone they are just another advertisement and work just like any other print ad..

HulkSmash

Today is the first day it's been up. And it's already paid for itself, and the next 2 months already. I know it's not the perfect design...I guess you can say... i ran out of time...
but it's working so far. Thanks everyone.