• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The "How's Business" thread

TheSnowman

We've been dead since after Thanksgiving...that's usually par for the course for us. We basically had like one or two jobs in January...thank goodness it snowed a lot and I got to go plow. We've got a few things coming in now that the sun came out, but still crazy slow. I think it's like this at this time every year, and I just forget every year.

Letterbox Mike

Thankfully, we're stupid busy over here. Not sure why really, but we had to add another printer to keep up with it. Normally January and February are pretty slow in our neck of the woods, this year it's not so. I'm happy about it for sure, usually this is the month we're watching our cash flow pretty closely.

strypguy

Very slow here in Western Iowa. Always have something to do but no real "Money" jobs. Lots of small stuff.

John

artbot

all very large complex projects... a bit less than slammed (oct-dec is always nuts for me). it's nice to slow down to 12 hours a day lately.

but getting bored with current processes. have decided to build either a 5' x 9' powder coating oven or kiln. this whole year has just been cranking out pancakes. not feeling very inspired.

:I

Fanaticus

Good compared to last year and the years before.

We implemented 2 new product lines and completely rebuilt another.

Got several R&D projects completed and ready to start the set up for product creation, and still working on a couple more projects that will probably get implemented mid-summer-fall.

Making updates in other areas and tweaking some others.

Our customers are starting to get ready for the spring rush, so product is starting to fly out the door.

This is going to be a good year. A very good year. Knock on wood.

SignManiac

Balls out! Since January 1st, the phone and emails have been non stop. I like busy stress compared to idle stress.

Craig Sjoquist

Thanksgiving it stopped till about mid Jan. been sorta slow since but way better then last year, also still on my bicycle I do not expect much or can do much without costing me alot.

Marlene

if you'd asked yesterday, I would say pretty slow. today, I have been out straight and will be for some time to come. it's like all my quotes got OK'd on the same day plus a bunch of new people wanting something. it's a big range of things from piles of decals to high end monument/LED projects.

Mikeifg

Been slammed, since Oct. But then again we are on a lot of refurb projects on trailers our niche is the large fleet market so when it's slow it's slow and when it's busy it's awesome.

10sacer

Its NASCAR and trade show season so we don't get much rest. Looking to add a router and aqueous printer for posters.

mikey-Oh

Last three weeks have been slow enough to allow me to regain sanity. Phone's been ringing all day and projects are coming out of the woodwork (dude approved a sign I designed in June of '09) ...

Looks like I'm making my boss a lot of money.

Joe Diaz

I've been thinking about adding "sorry for the wait" to my email signature, if that tells you anything. It is unusually busy for this time of the year. The economy seems to have bounced back in our neck of the woods. People aren't afraid to spend some dough.

cajun312

Fairly busy here but who knows how long it will last. Two offshore drilling companies filed for bankruptcy in the last couple of weeks, more lay offs, more people going work overseas or in North and South Dakota where they are drilling like crazy.