• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

thoughts on repo-ing wrap?

ucmj22

I know we just had this discussion on a standard sign, but I was wondering if there is any different things to consider with a vehicle wrap.

how can you repo a wrap? and if you did what would happen if you damaged the car/truck in the process, you could then be stuck with a criminal damage record i would have thought?

wildside

dont do it! can be considered vandalism for sure, what if you damage something during the process that they weren't warned about?

the trick to deposits.... have all your money you need to make in the first half, then the second half is extra, and then let the attorneys collect their fees from the non paying offender

ucmj22

its really more of a printed decal package than a wrap. text, logos, and Big icons on both sides

shakey0818

Drill out the tip to a Super Soaker and fill it with paint stripper.You could squirt it from 20 feet away amd probly nobody will see you.

anotherdog

legally they own the wrap. If you remove it without legal process you are stealing/vandalising and they can have you arrested.

The issue is they owe you some money. You are entitled to go after them for the money or eventually goods. Since a wrap has no resale value its not worth taking...now the vehicle under the wrap...?

It's going to cost you money to collect money. I do like the idea of an "accident" though... stick a potato up his tailpipe as a warning.

ucmj22

they still owe, 2117 on a 3767 bill, and now I'm getting Emails with BS complaints. I'm gonna call him here in a couple minutes, and try and get him to pay up before we work on it any more. I think I need some more goosefrabaa time before I call him though. I think my head almost exploded when I read the last email.

Circleville Signs

I have no concept of why someone would let a wrapped vehicle leave their shop without getting all $$ due. That's just insane.

Deposit to start job. Balance due upon completion before vehicle leaves shop. Simple.

SD&F

I agree on that. Pay 50 upfront and 50 on pick up. Don't fall for any sob stories.
Once they are gone and have made payment, you can't touch it.

Circleville Signs

Take them to small claims. No lawyer needed and at most a $10 to $15 filing fee.

Small claims is a waste of time and money. There is absolutely no enforcebility from a small claims judgement. You simply get the right to then escalate it to a real court - with more costs and time involved.