• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts on these layouts

Marco

Co?

Is it a landscaping co or landscaping with hardscaping co?
You may want to add pictures of flower gardens and trees.

Jillbeans

I agree that the solid looking mailbox pic (and only use 1 pic) is a good idea.
I have had to replace my own mailbox at least 5 times due to the snowplows.

SignManiac

I've been very fortunate over the past twenty years and never suffered any mailbox damage by snowplows here in Florida. But you do have to worry about the occasional teen wielding a baseball bat while driving down the road. I guess some hazards are geographical.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I know this is off-topic, but our mailbox is supposed to be indestructible. We mounted it on a 10" 'I' beam and plated it about 5' in the ground. It's been hit many times with baseball bats and other things, but it has weathered everything, but I know someone left with broken arms and aching muscles from walloping that one.

Signed Out

I have a meeting with the customer tomorrow. I'll show him the layouts with LLC taken out and see if he notices. Then I'll explain to him that we think it's unnecessary and just adds clutter, and see what he thinks. We didn't design the logo and they've had it for quite a while, and have it on everything. I don't think they would want to change it at all outside of maybe removing LLC for the purpose of the wrap. And as for the mailbox, apparently they do a lot of them around here because they were adiment aobut that picture being in the layouts.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I have a meeting with the customer tomorrow. I'll show him the layouts with LLC taken out and see if he notices. Then I'll explain to him that we think it's unnecessary and just adds clutter, and see what he thinks. We didn't design the logo and they've had it for quite a while, and have it on everything. I don't think they would want to change it at all outside of maybe removing LLC for the purpose of the wrap. And as for the mailbox, apparently they do a lot of them around here because they were adiment aobut that picture being in the layouts.

Don't tell him the way you stated it here about the LLC part.

Many people feel if they paid extra and whatnot of getting an LLC, they want to show it off. They feel like if you just toss it aside, you're making fun of them and their decision. Not always, but it happens far more than not.

We usually tell them, it's not needed for advertising purposes, just legal areas. However, I wouldn't say it adds clutter. Show them how it's presence makes the other important things harder to read.
We always end by explaining to them, if they really want it, at least allow us to reduce the size of it, so the actual name still is prominent. Then say, when you answer the phone, do you say.... Thank you for calling Young Landscapes, LLC ?? That one is always the deciding factor. Gits 'em every time.

Marlene

Then say, when you answer the phone, do you say.... Thank you for calling Young Landscapes, LLC ?? That one is always the deciding factor. Gits 'em every time.

that's a good idea