• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Three week Update

Arlo Kalon 2.0

This is my last post concerning this matter. I already feel as if I never had a 16th and 17th surgery. Abdominal pain is almost non existent and I'm functioning totally normally. Almost feel as if I'm suffering PTSD from having those vile leaking fistulas on my belly - it was a gross time to be sure, but history now and there's no chance of them reforming. Tapering off narcotics at an accelerated rate now and will soon put myself thru withdrawal to be done with that as well. I'm still floored by the financial support I got from all of you as well as the prayers and well wishes. That went a long way to hastening my recovery and I thank you very sincerely.

On another note, not wanting to violate copyright issues with the tattoo to replace my belly button, I contacted Seth MacFarlane of Family Guy fame. I told him of my idea for belly button replacement of Stewie giving it all he's got to stretch his way out of a hole in skin. An artist for Family Guy is going to provide me with the line drawing. I'll have a totally legal tattoo... aren't ya proud of me copyright police?

I talked to SteveC today. He sounds excellent, but is not back working at his shop yet. I offered my services pro bono to help him get out any jobs he needs money from. He said he'd be in touch. Main thing is, he sounds like the Steve I've known for 20 years again so no worries there. You should all pat yourselves on the back for being part of the most caring forum on the internet. And an additional special THANK YOU to Colin for getting the fund drive going for me. BTW... I'm gassing for a new model Fender electric bass guitar I can't afford. Anybody wanna contribute to a fund to raise money for it? It would be a boon to my mental health! LOL

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
No bellybutton? Does that elevate you to some sort of divine status among the credulous?

SignosaurusRex

Great to hear such a positive update Da...Arlo! I look forward to seeing a pic of that tat. Good thing Stewie won't be able to talk.

mikey-Oh

Great news!
I have a Squire J-Bass I could bring down If you want something to thump on in the temporary :thumb:

Mike F

Good to hear, hope everything continues to go well for you.

How did you go about contacting Seth MacFarlane? That's really awesome that they're drawing one specifically for your tat. I've wanted to get a krusty the clown tattoo next to my pacemaker scar (love the simpsons, and clowns, and comedy in general, and krusty has a pacemaker) but I wouldn't even know where to start to get permission for it.

Definitely post a pic of the tat when it's done too, if you feel comfortable doing so.

phototec

Arlo, that is some good news, cant wait to see the new tat...

I guess it's time for me to retire my spinning Arlo avatar (the mojo worked), and go back to my American flag in time to celebrate the 4th of July.

Wish you well...

GypsyGraphics

so great to hear nothing but good news for you arlo!

i was thinking your tatoo should be a flower, maybe a diamond-plate, flamey or carbon-fiber one, with center for your bellybutton... kinda growing out of your pants.... or stewie... that's good too.

Last edited:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Great thread to read first thing in the morning.
Good to hear things are on the up for you.

take care

wayne k
guam usa

Baz

The custom made genuine artwork just for you is really cool !!:notworthy: Congrats on that and on your speedy recovery!:thumb: