• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

To All of the Signs101 Family

Billct2

Man, I just don't know what to say, except I share the sadness at the loss of such a great guy. I've been following the news here and just couldn't think of any words that haven't already been said.

kstompaint

I just talked to Matt's friend Michael. We're making some banners for the wing-off event tonight to promote another benefit for Matt's family. Can somebody please email me one of the photos that you all have? ASAP, thanks!
Thad
icondigital@verizon.net

kstompaint

To those of you who emailed me pics... Thanks, but time was of the essence and I had to improvise. I used a photo from Atlantic City that was posted on this thread earlier (sorry, I forgot who posted it). I admit that my design is not top notch, but again... time.

I threw this together and quickly printed two 30" x 60" and one 5' x 10' banners. I hope they will be able to find spots for them in the time between now and the scheduled event. I have a job out of town tomorrow at a body shop. The job has been set up for weeks, and is very time sensitive (paint dry times). I am going to try my best to make the viewing.

Many of Matt's close friends were at the "wing-off" tonight and the affect that his passing has had on our community was very evident.

Attachments

• MVIP.jpg
    MVIP.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 97

D&Tgraphics

Nice job kstompaint,
Here's one I'm taking down to leave with the family that they can use at any events or benefits that they have. It's not the best layout but I think it will work.

Attachments

• matt banner.jpeg
    matt banner.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 105

slappy

Those both turned out wonderful and I'm sure everyone that sees it will love it.

Dennis....I wish I could go down like i talked to you about, but work and finances just won't let me leave.
Please send my condolences. Tell Krista I'm thinking of her. Matt was a great man.... caring, thoughtful, full of life and just one of those people that made you feel good when you needed it.

Thank you

evre1noz1

kstompaint you did a great job, thank you so much for doing it. I did not get to say goodbye and thank you. So much going on as you can see tonight. I thank you, Krista thanks you, and if Matt were able Im sure he would too.

Michael

kstompaint

There were a lot of people there tonight and I hope that the event on the 18th is equally attended. If possible, me & my family will be there. Michael & Krista, your thanks are appreciated, but not necessary. You should be thanked for helping Matt in his mission of continuing the Down Town and preserving our central PA culture. As I said before, Matt helped me when I needed it and he didn't even know me, so he has already "thanked" me.

I'm a 33 year-old "sign guy" with young kids of my own. I can't help but identify with the situation that Matt's family is in. Krista, we pray for your strength. Michael, you are acting as any best friend would, and you are to be honored for that. All that the rest of us can do is stand behind you when you need it. I'm right next door, call any time.

GP

Wow - just catching up with my morning (er, late morning coffee). Saw the memorial pictures in the side bar and thought we were having another election. Then, saw the R.i.p.

Sad way to start a rainy Monday -

My best wishes and sympathy to all his friends, family and close colleagues.

And my hats off to a classy forum and wonderful support network.

Sorry to revive a sad thread. But, I feel like it needs to be bumped for those who may have missed it -

GP

Replicator

I was just viewing Matt's Facebook thread and realized our friend has been gone for 5½ months already.

Life is short folks . . . Live it to the fullest !

R.I.P. Matt

Baz

Weird ... I was just thinking about him today and was wondering how Krista was doing.

Still in our hearts and minds! ... R.I.P. Matt!

kstompaint

I'm in his home area and only met him a few times. We made some banners in the days after his passing for memorial events. Coincidentally, I was thinking of him earlier today as well. I keep meaning to stop in the shop and see how Krista is doing but just don't get on that end of town much... I guess I need to make the time.

SignosaurusRex

I too was thinking of him just yesterday. It was one of those "out of the blue" moments that seemed to just stay with me for some time.

GB2

Old Member
This truly seems ironic, as I think about Matt and Krista often as well. I do a lot of work for comedy clubs and the last time we were together, Matt, Krista, myself and my son went to see a comedy show together in Atlantic City, so everytime I do a job for one of my clubs they come to mind. For the short time we spent together, which started here, I felt a sincere friendship with Matt and I am very saddened by his loss. I hope that Krista is staying strong and moving forward with her life, she is a wonderful, deserving girl.

Jillbeans

There must have been something in the air yesterday because Matt was on my mind too.
I have a pen from Penn Signs, he had put a bunch of them on the table as giveaways.
I think of it as my "lucky" pen.
Any time I have ever gone on a bid and I write it out with that particular pen, I get the job.
Yesterday was my first day out with clients since the surgery and I landed both jobs and got two deposit checks.
:)
Thanks Matt.