• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Too Good to be True!!

Jason_Elliott

Hello All:

I am a long time reader of post on here but as you can see I just registered, WHY!!! Well I guess you can see what forum category I posted in so that should tell the reason of why I am on here now!

Long story short, I need a service manual for a JV33. Does anybody know where I can get one at?

I have 1 trade and 1 hobby!! I bet your saying huh??

OK I have a vinyl shop and I do alot of cut vinyl and t-shirts!
Well my hobby is spending money on stuff that is very risky, for example, I purchase storage units and believe me or not I find some pretty good stuff, but mainly I get stuck with a bunch of junk. Why do I do it, you ask? Well I won a locker not long ago and in this locker was basically the leftover remains of a sign shop. Lucky me I was thinking. I spent $1200 on this locker and in the back was a digital printer that was covered up and couldnt be seen from the front. I was very very excited, I told my wife I cant believe how lucky we are. What's the odd's we would find a unit with a printer in it? Well it just so happens to be a JV33-130 sitting there, still inked up and really looks like it has been through hell. But I was happy, I just bought a digital printer for $1200.

Got it back to the shop and started looking it over and its all there nothing missing that I can tell so far, but from reading on here and knowing it is a solvent printer, I knew I might have just inherited a headache. I called Mimaki and they were absolutely no help, unless I wanted to pay for their services. I am very mechanically inclinded and I told them I just needed the manual, could they help. Of course not!!

I need to do some/alot of work on this machine. I spoke with a friend of mine who is in another state and he is a technical guy and he told me I can fix this machine if I wanted to spend the money, but I was definitely going to need the service manual. I have no idea how to get this machine into what he called "service mode". I am hoping that somebody here can assist with a service manual so I can start fixing this machine. I am very anxious to get it up and running. So please help!! If you have the service manual for a JV33 can I please get a copy of it so I can fix this damn thing?

If you can and are willing to help with a manual please email it to me at tmanpokeman@hotmail.com or if there is a link to it, that would be fine to. I really would like to have it tonight if possible.

I really appreciate your assistance.

Jason Elliott
Vinyl Bizaar

iSign

You may want to start a new thread with "Need copy of JV33 manual" right in the title of the thread

Jason_Elliott

Need copy of JV33 manual

Hell I dont know how much they are worth!

I hope not to much, How Much Chicago??

Hopefully that HEAT you guys are experiencing is not effecting your judgement to much!!! Ha Ha :flamey:

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding forum and people.

I'm surprised you can't go to the mfg website and get what you need at least for a few dollars or searching the net.

SignaramaFL

Because he is looking for a service manual not the owners manual... Mimaki service manuals are not available to the public from Mimaki. Most all can be found elsewhere though, like here on S101. :smile:

haha oops, guess I need to take more than a few seconds to read a post :covereyes:

Jason_Elliott

Well I have tried that sticky post by artbot and registered for an account and I still can't get the link to download. I really need some help here. Hell guys tell me how much for the manual. I really need this. I will pay for something that most are getting for free. I need that manual. I even tried calling Mimaki again today and they refuse to provide the manual. I know that I would not recommend anybody buying a machine from them. They are very unprofessional and my blood pressure went through the roof just talking to them.

MikePro

o man, it'd be fun to restore a fairly new printer i found for 1200.
i was sweating bullets repairing my 30k printer for the first time on my own... this forum definately saved my arse in the process tho, so I came out great in the end :)

welcome from wisco. don't be a stranger and let us know how it turns out!

Jason_Elliott

I will let you guys know how it turns out. I am sure I will need some help later. Never know it might go up for sale after its repaired. :)