• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble in paradise

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
geniuscreations said:
You know, I'm sitting here contemplating even writing this. But here it goes... I read this guy's post, three times, because I didn't even know what he was trying to say (or who he was talking to) at first. Anyway, I guess it could have offended me, but it's the most obvious ploy to start everyone on a rant.

The thing about this post that makes me unhappy... He's already (while I'm writing) got 14 responses to his post! My point is ultimately this, I posted a logo a few weeks ago and got like 600 views, and only 8 responses. I was asking for legitimate help from the very people who are watching this post closely (the list at the bottom of this page - currently viewing this thread - you all know who you are).

I know I come to signs101 everyday, because it's a great place to learn, grow your business, learn about materials, installation methods... and hopefully make a few good friends along the way. I don't post often, when I do I hope my limited scope of knowledge can help someone. Maybe I'm selfish, but if you're going to put forth the effort to respond to something, I'd much rather you spend your time sharing in your knowledge. I'm sure there are others here who feel the same.

By the way, the other thread about typing... yeah 35 words a minute - took the test today! I failed!

Just my thoughts...

Gene

Are you still looking for more input on your logo because this is a boring thread.....

gvgraphics

I do have to say, his post sounds allot like calls we get. Willing to spend thousands but never spends a dime. Same sad line, same BS. Time to grow up and see that the world only hates you, the rest of us get along!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Rick said:
Are you still looking for more input on your logo because this is a boring thread.....
I thought the 7 necessary fluids was worthwhile. :Big Laugh Kinda brings to mind General Jack D. Ripper's theory of Purity of Essence from Dr. Strangelove.

Last edited:

Dave Drane

Fred Weiss said:
I would guess that we are talking about a male between 17 and 25 years of age, an only child, not experienced in doing physical work and has not yet embarked on a meaningful career choice.
Add to that: unable to maintain a sexual relationship with the opposite sex, and an all round loser!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh

Flame

Dave Drane said:
Add to that: unable to maintain a sexual relationship with the opposite sex, and an all round loser!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh

:Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh

robpruitt

There seems to be quite a bit of drama attached to this and stuff but I'm going to go under the premise that you really need help tracing. I just downloaded the trial of Corel Draw X3 and it is really awesome. The auto trace tool is much better than I have been using in Macromedia Freehand, Adobe Illustrator CS and Corel 12. Tracing by hand is easier too as the default settings pop up a tutorial you can look at while you trace that teaches you how to use each tool. I'm really thrilled with it.

If you get a really tough one though; you may want to send it to the vector doctor. He does a great job and pretty affordably.

OldPaint

7 BASIC FLUIDS???? GOT ME BY THE ASS.......iam an old sign painter...so i got lots of fliuds...no vinly shop would think of!!!!!

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
Now you've done it, you went and scared him away! Now we'll never know what the he** he was talking about.Oh well it was fun to watch.

David Snider

When trying to record a movie on my VCR...do I need to set the TV channel to 3 or to channel 4? And why did VHS win over Beta?

Flame

David Snider said:
When trying to record a movie on my VCR...do I need to set the TV channel to 3 or to channel 4? And why did VHS win over Beta?

Holy Cow. What on EARTH are you talking about? That was just like TOTALLY random.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

David Snider

Flame Master said:
Holy Cow. What on EARTH are you talking about? That was just like TOTALLY random.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

It was more interesting I thought and made more sense than the initial post. :Big Laugh

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Hey David.....I smell like an old shoe...(not a double post, just smell like a pair of old shoes)

VINYLVISION

Wow!! This guy needs to have more respect for the proffesionals. If he needs a nylon banner and willing to spend thousands I can sell him some colored Duct tape and electrical tape!!.

robpruitt

Do they really have colored duct tape? I don't know why; but that sounds strangly appealing to me. Maybe a flesh tone one that my wife can use to keep my mouth shut :)