• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tweaking my Logo

SignStudent

I've hired Phillip from Sign Amigo to design a new logo and am hoping to get a bit of outside input at his suggestion. I've attached two possible options. Any advice on which fonts work best, or one that you'd use instead? Anything else you'd advise changing?

Attachments

• Sterling Signs Logo3.jpg
    Sterling Signs Logo3.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 117
  • SterlingSignsLogo2.jpg
    SterlingSignsLogo2.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 85

Joe Diaz

I like the type choices on the left one better. That being said, If you have hired Phillip, I'd go with his gut instinct. He knows his stuff. You open it up to everyone and their grandma and you are bound to get different opinions just so people can have different opinions. I'd ask Phillip, your designer, which one to use. Just my 2 cents.

visual800

Can you not design your own? Is the style of this logo reflected in your work? I don't particularly care for it as it looks like a run of the mill letterheads logo. Noy my style and my opinion and you know what they say

JR's

I like the type choices on the left one better. That being said, If you have hired Phillip, I'd go with his gut instinct. He knows his stuff. You open it up to everyone and their grandma and you are bound to get different opinions just so people can have different opinions. I'd ask Phillip, your designer, which one to use. Just my 2 cents.

:thumb::thumb::goodpost:

and I love neato's work Phillips

sardocs

While I think the design on the left has a more "comfortable" feel to it, I also believe your logo should reflect the type of work you intend to produce. If the logo is typical of your own design style, and incorporates similar flourishes and embellishments, then it's a winner. It delivers a message that implies craftsmanship, oldschool techniques, pinstriping, signcarving, etc. Is that what you do? If you are doing yardsigns, car mags, and printed banners for under $5 a sq/ft, this might not be the right design for you.

SignStudent

While I think the design on the left has a more "comfortable" feel to it, I also believe your logo should reflect the type of work you intend to produce. If the logo is typical of your own design style, and incorporates similar flourishes and embellishments, then it's a winner. It delivers a message that implies craftsmanship, oldschool techniques, pinstriping, signcarving, etc. Is that what you do? If you are doing yardsigns, car mags, and printed banners for under $5 a sq/ft, this might not be the right design for you.

I'm getting a CNC router to do dimensional signage and will be moving away from yard signs, mags, etc (hence the re-branding).

Marlene

one on the left

Can you not design your own? Is the style of this logo reflected in your work? I don't particularly care for it as it looks like a run of the mill letterheads logo. Noy my style and my opinion and you know what they say​
when people who aren't designers try to do their own logo, the first thing people tell them is to hire a designer. this person did that so why not just say congrats on doing that