• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Unusual Coroplast uses!

SignManiac

Interesting project their Signmaniac. I also couldn't help but notice the pool table in your print room there, now that's a productive work environment, probably got the Busa in the next room as well huh?:thumb:

LOL...Yes the Busa is very near by and it's gets ridden most everyday. Hmmm? Imagine if I could bolt my busa motor on this plane :) We used the pool table to jig up the wings. It's perfectly straight and level. On a project like this you have to improvise a lot! When you're flying by the seat of your pants you often have to just wing it..hehe, cheezy word play. I must be having one of my more creative days.

SignManiac

wrap wings in clear shrink wrap (eg for boats ) rather than saran? Would add some stability? Just an idea??

The shrink wrap is what we actually did order. That stuff is super strong and easy to work with. I was only hoping to use the Glad wrap because its more of a household name and could lead to some potential advertising exposure. We built a prototype wing and tested the glad wrap. It's not as strong as I would prefer. Worse case scenario, I'll try and use clear laminate but not Avery's considering their product failures of recent.

biggieg

I bet the Convex Lam would hold up although it may be too heavy. I can't wait to see it all put together. Good Luck!

SignManiac

Already thought about that Joe, the wings are detachable. They had to be in order to transport it to and from the airport come test day.

SignManiac

Thanks Doug. Hey once you get to know your router table better, maybe you could build and outrigger canoe or a long board for those north shore swells out of spare shop materials:)

LJ4133

WOW, I'm impressed and a little late, but why not use Monocoat from the rc airplane industry? It's super strong and it shrinks tight when heated with a heat gun. Also think about multiple lipo powered electric motors to power it. I've used one motor to power a twelve foot wingspan rc plane......a couple (few more) should surly power a bit bigger plane. After all, they are designed for rc's big and small.

Cadmn

Ok whats the latest I built a S(imple) P(lastic)A(ircraft) D(esign)last week info about those can be found at a website called SPAD to the bone I fly R/C planes & these are cheap & fun

Prism1

That thing looks Cool...We want to see more pics... Speaking of more pics, I can't believe no one commented on your "Wall Art"...haha.

JimJenson

Interesting project. A lot of airfoils and wing assemblies I have seen, have about 15 degrees of twist between the root and the wingtip. The angle of attack should be greater at the fuselage, which will leave the ailerons still flying when a the wing begins to stall. This will make the stall characteristics of your craft much less violent.

Best of luck with the project. Please do continue posting you and our partners progress.