• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Well, Reading made the news again......................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ahhh....... I know a bunch of Canadians..... and I don't think they'll agree with your statement.

Killing each other ?? No, only the deranged and criminals are killing others and criminals are deranged in my book. Therefore, it's a select few doing all the killing, but the toll has been high for a long time.

When killing one another is made to sound neat & cool via television, movies, songs and what-have-ya..... one is numbed when it happens so frequently. It used to be mostly an inner city thing and that's what helped the building growth..... everywhere. People wanting to get away from violence and not pay attention to it. Guess what.... ?? It followed them out the the burbs and now the country. We can't go any further out, so it's either defend yourself of just be eaten alive by the misfits in this world.

I hope to high H*ll I'm never confronted with a situation where I need to pull a gun, but I do know this, if I pull it out, it will be entirely with the intent to use it and empty the chamber.

GWSigns

Packing

When I lived in AZ we had a number of guns around the house and I had one I carried in my purse all the time.

I left there and sold all my guns to my brother in law who was a dealer.

A part of me wishes I still had them and I have been contemplating buying one again.

When I was in church (I attend a mega church) a couple of weeks ago, Pastor asked a show of hands for who was packing - it was an interesting eye opener. I knew all the ushers were, but my goodness, the blue haired ladies that raised their hands blew me away.

Having been physically attacked in my own home by an intruder, I know I am capable of putting to end a life that was attacking me or mine. That guy got away with being beaten as best I could with a mop handle, the next one assuredly would not be as lucky.

Last edited:

ironsinthefire

Glad it is working for you but...

In Canada no guns = no gun violence.

I guess it is too late for you guys as everyone has a gun, and every one is killing each other.
Here, the cities that have banned guns have some of the worst crime rates, like Washington D.C. If making things or actions illegal stopped criminals from having/doing those outlawed things then those 2 guys would not have been stealing the store in the first place, no?

visual800

Robbery is bad, don't get me wrong, but we have law enforcement officers for a reason. The penalty for stealing smokes and lottery tickets shouldn't be your life.

all actions have an outcome......this the outcome of their actions. The perps chose this and the got what the deserve. We are living in a society of "I dont care" we live in a society where human life has no value and no one gives a damn.

back in the 80s we had a gun toting mayor in montgomery that got respect. The cops would beat the s**t out of misfits. These days cops have no balls. Instead of guns, we taze, when we should be killing.

if you rape, kill, steal, rob or flash a gun on someones face, you should be put to death. No exceptions. No bulls**t attorneys, no temp insanity pleas. No death row for 10 years. Do it quick. I guarantee you would see a decrease in crime and more respect towards man

knucklehead

We live in rural 'redneck' Georgia. Everyone has a gun, most times on their person, everyone else knows, everyone else has a gun close by, seems to work out for the best this way. "Peace, through superior firepower".

Chriswagner92

"... when they were confronted by the "concerned citizen.""

I'm just saying, that "concerned citizen" didn't need to be involved in the incident. And Gino, in the 1.5 sq mile city I live in, there have been 7 homicides this year. SEVEN!! I have had many restless nights wondering if the popping noises in the alley are gunshots or firecrackers. I'm a concerned citizen, so you know what i do? CALL THE COPS.

Our country doesn't need vigilantes. You know why? Because there is always going to be someone with a bigger gun than yours, and when you take the law into your own hands, you can't expect it to simultaneously protect you.

ok so when someone busts into my house to rob or hurt us ill just call the cops and wait, because they are totally going to be there as soon as I call. In a perfect world, nobody would need guns or protection, but this is far from it. If you want to be helpless then that is YOUR choice, just like it should be MY choice if i want to protect myself or my family. It doesn't matter how big your gun is, if you are comfortable and proficient with it you should be able to protect yourself from just about anything you need.

copythat

Gun Control "Two Thumbs Up"

If we had more citizens that have proper papers and practice shooting, these robberies will diminish...

Signs Up!

Marlene

sounds like the bonehead was close to the scene, decided to go up to the two guys and tell them to stay there as the cops were there and when, of course, they didn't bonehead pulls out his gun and kills them. who asked this guy to step in? not the cops not anyone else so he put himself in front of these two guys and decided to do a citizens arrest and then decided to kill them. not the same as guy with gun gets held up by dirtballs and defends himself. this guy is not a hero. if he had been the one to be held up and fought back, that would be different. I'm all for protecting yourself and fighting back. I am not for private citizens taking the law into their own hands and "crime fighting".

If we had more citizens that have proper papers and practice shooting, these robberies will diminish...

really? then tell me why crime isn't lower here than anywhere else because we do have more guns and people with guns so how do you explain the crime rate?

SignManiac

"during which the suspects pulled out their guns, Adams said. The citizen then pulled out his gun"

I'm okay with them being dead. Shouldn't rob stores is the lesson.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, that's about the size of it. :thumb:

When you remove the emotion and adjectives, you have :

• Two guys rob store at gunpoint.
  • Citizen tells them to stop.
  • Two robbers turn on citizen pointing their guns at him.
  • He open fires and wounds them both.
  • Both die of wounds on the spot.
  • The world is rid of two bad people, instantly.
  • No one has to pay for their jail time, food or rehabilitation.
  • The citizen is found 100% innocent of any wrong-doing.
  • All neighbors feel much safer, now.
  • Other potential robbers might think twice about pulling the same trick.

I'm not sure, I could've jumped in front or in back of those two, but I am glad someone did and pulled it off.

I protect myself almost all of the time and if I was near by where something like this took place...... I do know a second may seem like 10 minutes. Many times what happens is, innocent bystanders will be shot... or shot at in these cases, so people can't see faces, make identifications or just to create havoc. I won't pretend to know what went through this citizen's mind in those few seconds, but I do know he made all the right decisions without batting an eyelash.

I just don't consider someone helping others when in need, especially a dire need.... a bonehead. You might not agree with any of it, but you're entitled to your position of his being a bonehead.

copythat

sounds like the bonehead was close to the scene, decided to go up to the two guys and tell them to stay there as the cops were there and when, of course, they didn't bonehead pulls out his gun and kills them. who asked this guy to step in? not the cops not anyone else so he put himself in front of these two guys and decided to do a citizens arrest and then decided to kill them. not the same as guy with gun gets held up by dirtballs and defends himself. this guy is not a hero. if he had been the one to be held up and fought back, that would be different. I'm all for protecting yourself and fighting back. I am not for private citizens taking the law into their own hands and "crime fighting".

really? then tell me why crime isn't lower here than anywhere else because we do have more guns and people with guns so how do you explain the crime rate?

Yes I do believe it... Gun Control means just that Control your guns. Our neighborhood has many gun owners, especially retail business owners. You hear about robberies at gun point, lots of times. Not in our area! I'm a firm believer in the right to bear arms...

John Butto

Marlene meets Bonehead

Mr Bonehead could not figure out why she would not exchange a handshake, she was always hands on and all over his neighbor Richardhead.

threeputt

who asked this guy to step in? not the cops not anyone else so he put himself in front of these two guys and decided to do a citizens arrest and then decided to kill them.

Marlene, with all due respect, that's exactly what's right with this scenario. A person who will rise up and stand up to obvious criminal acts! Hurrah! Not that any person could or even should do so, but this guy acted, he committed, to do something about this. I say bully for him, it was courageous behavior on his part.

Marlene

investigation Officers converged on the area and quickly established a crime scene outside Krick's Korner, a convenience store at the busy intersection.

there were cops on the scene and had set up a crime scene. this guy wouldn't let them do their job, he took things into his own hands

Marlene, with all due respect, that's exactly what's right with this scenario. A person who will rise up and stand up to obvious criminal acts! Hurrah! Not that any person could or even should do so, but this guy acted, he committed, to do something about this. I say bully for him, it was courageous behavior on his part.

had there been no cops on the scene, he might have been a hero who stepped in. from what the report says, that isn't what happened. I agree that those who are willing to stand up to a criminal act are courageous. those who just take the law into their own hands ar no better than the criminals themselves

John Butto

" those who just take the law into their own hands ar no better than the criminals themselves"

Hiho Silver Away!