• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What Are They Thinking????

Air Art Girl

Customer has had me make way too many changes to a banner already, so I get an email that says
"coach would like to know if we order it, have it ready for use and then pay through a PO in September."

HELL NO!!!!!!!
I was a little more diplomatic then that in my response but said the same thing basicially.

geeeessshhh!

iSign

"while we're negotiating, my accountant would like to know if you could pay twice, and i could refund one payment in 6 months?"

"oh, and by the way, if this works for your coach, my accountant would agree to your coach's request on one of those two payments!"

TheSnowman

Man, people are so idiotic. It's like we all give out instant credit, ESPECIALLY to the people that waste the most of our time. That sounds like a GREAT trade off.

Jillbeans

I get this every year with the one school district.
They want to pick my brain all spring without ordering, and want to order without a deposit the day before school starts.
I think PO stands for Put Off. Put off ordering, put off paying, until some head honcho coughs up the dough.
Love....Jill

Mainframe

I did some decals for the school in town on 1-11-11, still not paid, it was for a play & they needed them REALLY BAD overnight! not cool!

mark in tx

I really want to make a small sign for the counter that says "P.O. Number does not mean Put Off Paying"!

That really made my day. Thanks!

Pat Whatley

A
I'm always amazed how companies think those two magic letters mean that we should work without deposits or full payment up front.

You should try it. You'd be amazed at how many companies will tell you no if you ask them to bill you for something but will cheerfully say YES is you ask them if they'll take a PO.