• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What brand of vinyl do you use?

What vinyl do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
K

kevco

While writing my reply to the avery topic I thougt it might be kinnda neat to see what every body else is using.

thank%20you.gif

Marlene

I use Gerber 220 series which is made by 3M for Gerber. I've never had a problem in 18 years of using it. It's has always done what it is made to do and has never let me down or made our company look bad in anyway. I wanted to try Avery just because the color selection was really good (Gerber's color selection is lacking and hasn't been updated for years). I'm glad I never did try Avery and thanks my lucky stars for this site and all the members who posted issues so I didn't end up with problems.

7oaks

Did a sign last summer with 100% avery A8--next day I

read about the fiasco. Looked at it the other day-zero shrinkage. Not a glue line anywhere

Ken

ChiknNutz

Oracal 651 & 751 (primary); Arlon 2100 HiPerf; 3M 7025, 7725 & Gerber 220 for cut vinyl.

For printed stuff, so far I am using Oracal 3165 and 3651. I plan on using some 3951 for wraps along with compatible overlaminates (210, 215 and 290).

JT

:thumb: I like to use Oracal 751. In the past I have used Neschen 2 mil Pro Cast. Haven't had any problems with either.

ENTDesign

I have used Kapco, the only thing I don't care for is the thickness, always seems to be the hardest stuff to weed. I find Oracal 651 less difficult to weed than Kapco, but otherwise ok. Also use FDC and General Formulations (which I think is unbranded FDC) which weed very easy. I am going to be trying some Colburn fluorentine gold on a window job this week.

Ken Beyer

I use mostly Avery 6 and 8 depending on the application. My only failure with this is when ( as a newbie) I applied vinyl to a latex painted surface. I've only been at it 2 years though. I was using metamark MD5 for printed stuff on the versa-camm and have recently been trying the Oracal 3651 print media. I find it is noticably less white than the Metamark MD5. Haven't tried the new MAX inks yet..
Ken Beyer
Signs That Work !
Eagle Bay, BC

K

kevco

Thanks

As my pole draws to a close I just wanted to thank everybody who partisapated.<sp>

thank%20you.gif

thesignshop.ws

Was using Avery only until a whole city of police vehicle had to be redone and no help from Avery. Don't care what they do in the future I will never return. Use Oracal 651,851,3651, and 3951

k.a.s.

I use Oracal 651 & 751, and I have started buying some Accucut from Trim USA. I have had good success with both.

Kevin

K

kevco

When I did this pole back in Aug. I was using Orcal for hi-per and permagloss for inter. Well OP talked so highly of shine-rite that I tried it shortly there after. I love the stuff! Thanks OP

Flame

Like a lot of people on here, I try to stick with Oracal. The stuff is dirt cheap and good quality. I use almost their entire range of calendered vinyls and then keep 3 different styles of their digital printing media in stock, plus laminate. Great stuff.