• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What materials can I find at Home Depot to apply vinyl to?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nope.

Now stop spiraling this intriguing thread downward. It's so unbecoming of you. :covereyes:

reQ

attachment.php

Attachments

• homedepot.jpg
    homedepot.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 123

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I haven't tried to stick vinyl on a toilet, yet, but I bet it will stick.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
we stuck vinyl to the lids of the outhouses toilet seats and that was 6 years ago and still looks great

Yeah, but the first time you go to clean them, the vinyl will peel, just like the wall paper does in a bathroom. There're some nasty stuff going on in them thar places............. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but the first time you go to clean them, the vinyl will peel, just like the wall paper does in a bathroom. There're some nasty stuff going on in them thar places............. :rolleyes:
this thread is going down the toilet, and who washes an out house toilet anyways

Gino

Premium Subscriber
this thread is going down the toilet, and who washes an out house toilet anyways

We used to have one, so be careful, buster. You hose them down from the outside and then pour the sawdust and stuff in it. Lime goes in after each use. Do it in the Spring. :wink:

OldPaint

i have a door to the house, a 15 window door..........that i put VINYL ON with red intermediate 7-8 years ago))))) looks great today.. the dent was in the door before i put on the vinyl.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    376.2 KB · Views: 96

skyhigh

i have a door to the house, a 15 window door..........that i put VINYL ON with red intermediate 7-8 years ago))))) looks great today.. the dent was in the door before i put on the vinyl.

bondo??? paint???

ya have to kinda wonder how the mind works......
Granted, a rattle can of paint would have cost $2.19......but.....hell, you could have made $12.75 with that much intermediate viny)))))))))))))))))))))

My gawd, your a SIGN PAINTER!!!!! You didn't have any RED paint left over? :ROFLMAO:

:guido:

OldPaint

had a crap load of left over red vinyl........that was PAID FOR...... and rather then trash can it, i put it on the door. THE DENT............ really didnt see it till i put the vinyl on. AND YES i could bond it.......JUST NEVER GOTTOIT)))))))

Sidney

Actually Home depot has an insulation board with a thin aluminum face (1/2"x4'x8' and 3/4"x4'x8') for $22+. It is great for cutting custom shapes... You can then add a free form graphic (like a sandwich, fish, bowling ball) and make a very cool 3d sign. (Just don't forget to paint the edges black after you cut the shape but before you apply the graphic). Sidney