• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What materials can I find at Home Depot to apply vinyl to?

Wood, Brick, Stones, Sheets of glass, Steel, aluminum sheets. Door Handles, Water Bottles, Spray Bottles, Lamps, ceiling fan blades, hammers, planting pots, concrete, refrigerators, plant leaves, an employee, Paint buckets, bbq's, anything. Your question doesn't really ask much. You can apply vinyl to anything. The type of vinyl depends on the surface you are using. So your question really is a nothing question. What can you put vinyl on at home depot? Anything you can find at home depot.

Sign Works

Here's a crazy thought ... If you insist on playing in the sign industry wouldn't it make sense to study the industry and use the proper materials for the job?

Home Depot = Home Improvement Store

Sign Product Distributor = Sign Making Materials

J Hill Designs

Here's a crazy thought ... If you insist on playing in the sign industry wouldn't it make sense to study the industry and use the proper materials for the job?

thank you.

I am actually quite horrified at how close this guy is to me.

reQ

Soon we will see people making outside signs out of drywall...

J Hill Designs

WHAT ARE ASKING????
in all my sign painting years......for quicky cheap short term signs..........only thing HOME DEPOT/LOWES sells is called BATHROOM BOARD. its a masonite 1/4" sheet 4 X 8......its like paneling with a glossy white or speckled finish.............i prefer the plain white ...........
http://www.homedepot.com/p/EUCATILE...d-Thrifty-White-Tile-Board-HDDPTW48/205995949

even when primed on the 'non-treated' side, this **** expands and warps like crazy outdoors.

0igo

that Is a crazy thought. you are also a lunatic

OldPaint

I SAID........SHORT TERM SIGNS.......and indoors only...... i have used this bathroom board for small signs in bars and restaurants/parts stores/machine shops...... where i didnt want the look of coro, and it would be in a place that didnt get much temp/moisture change. $12 dollars for 4 x 8 sheet...... bout same as CORO but looks a lot nicer.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Weird request. Not much at all to buy at Home Depot for sign substrates, unless you're into lettering plumbing fixtures or ceiling fans, but tools, hardware, posts, and some other things you might need for installations are readily available there. I might buy some rattle cans, but vinyl doesn't usually get applied to that.

Oigi, why are almost all of your questions or requests from an unknown region of the sign industry ?? There's nothing wrong with being creative and finding new ways to do things, but you cop such an attitude when you're shown the errors of your ways.

:help

Marlene

what are you really asking? if it is can you cheap out and buy something not made to be a sign material and sell it at dirt prices, then yes, you can find all kinds of stuff. I had a person call years back to say her wooden sign was peeling. I thought she was talking about the paint but it turned out it was an interior care door that some genius used to make a wooden sign.

reQ

Weird request. Not much at all to buy at Home Depot for sign substrates, unless you're into lettering plumbing fixtures or ceiling fans, but tools, hardware, posts, and some other things you might need for installations are readily available there. I might buy some rattle cans, but vinyl doesn't usually get applied to that.

Oigi, why are almost all of your questions or requests from an unknown region of the sign industry ?? There's nothing wrong with being creative and finding new ways to do things, but you cop such an attitude when you're shown the errors of your ways.

:help

I don't know who you are, but you are to nice for Gino we seen before, please bring him back:thumb: