• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What would you do if your competitor hacked into your email account?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Good question i was asked this morning.

What would you do if your biggest competitor hacked into your email and you know who that is. The hack was from another country. No solid proof it was but assuming it is. Email account was hosted by yahoo business.

I told my friend, what else can you do? :iamwithstupid

Put out a mass e-mail to all of my clients. Stating what happened and that if they received e-mails in the next couple of months directly from another company that it was probably that company that hacked your e-mail. Then tell them if they wish they can choose to do business with that company. But at least you let them know what was going on.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
The competitor was my customer's vendor. My customer got a stronger vendor then offered the price to his vendor. I guess the vendor wanted to find out who now supplies to my customer, not who the customers are. Because the offer was much lower than the vendor quoted my customer.

royster13

If you do not have substantial proof, do not blame anything on anyone......That just might end up with you getting slapped with a lawsuit.....

CS-SignSupply

Can you pull your logs and get IP or anything? If vendor is from China, good luck.

Make it a policy to change email/account passwords on a weekly basis if necessary to avoid again...

Craig Sjoquist

Change email account ... create new.

Call & write 100% clients informing of new email / reason.

Create a more mixed & longer password.

Not much you can do about competition except enjoy it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
In my head, I'd go right over there and put three slugs in the head, pull their teeth out, hack their fingers and toes off and let them out to rot in the sun.

In real life, I'd call them and get personal satisfaction of telling them off and then change everything around to cut them off from any future problems.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Just no solid proof if it was them. Quotation was sent in three days, the vendor is from a unique country; the hack location happened to be in that unique country. hack was three days after. Never been hacked before. Don't want to call them up and said: why is your guy from your country hacked into my email account.

2nd to the rotten in the sun idea.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I would definitely call the (mutual?) customer to inform them of your competition's business practices, just in case they have sent a revised quote to them.

CS-SignSupply

So they either guessed/cracked you passwords or you have malware that may be sending them your email/allowing them to view your email ...

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Cheaper vehicle wrap: lol. They are high quality vinyl made in Taiwan. Black, Red, White and Grey carbon fiber is flying in. Will post a few pictures.

CiberSupply: Customer used yahoo business Mail. Just a precaution for members who also used the same. I guess in a technology savvy country like xxxxa, it is not easy to find a hacker. I am sure i can pay someone $10,000 in a third world country to crack open any signs101 member email account if i would like to. My customer was happened to be that one.

Sign-Man Signs

Changing your password is a good Idea. I do mine on a monthly basis. Then again, if you have their IP address, go in to your virus chest and attach about a 100 viruses and forward it to their email. Not legal but fun!

Marlene

The competitor was my customer's vendor. My customer got a stronger vendor then offered the price to his vendor.

so the competitor was your customer's vendor then your customer got a new vendor then offered the price to his vendor...offered the price to the old vendor? the one you think hacked into his e-mail? I'm not getting what went on. and by the way, I guess it pays to buy American in more ways than one.

slappy

send him a huge email spam bomb so he'd have no option but to rename his email address (take in mind it's probably on his business cards and website so that would need changed too)... then once it's changed, spam bomb again, and then again. I did it to my ex before.... you get a couple thousand emails a day so. you could even do a text message bomb.

oh, then learn to hack yourself at http://www.hackthissite.org/
It's actually fun. There is missions you have to do to different things on the site.... it's not bad, just interesting missions

Last edited: