• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

where can i buy Acrylic or plastic sign sheets for backlit signs?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Like mentioned..... almost any sign supply distributor or a local windshield and glass house.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
If you're in Tracy, CA and this is going on a sign (like a backlit cabinet) or you are making a sign for a building or property, and it's over 500 bucks, you need to have a California contractors license.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not to de-rail this thread for her, but what happens if.........

Another sign company or the owner of the sign asks you [in general] to decorate the face of an electric sign and you have nothing to do with the cabinet, taking out, putting in or installing of said can...... Do you still need the license you are talking about ??

Marlene

when asking for a where to buy, it would be helpful if you added in the -----, state area. check your local area where ever that may be to see if there is a plastic supplier near by. there is one in my area and I live in a small state so you may have one too. who do you buy your sign supplies from? they should have anything you need

Rick

Another sign company or the owner of the sign asks you [in general] to decorate the face of an electric sign and you have nothing to do with the cabinet, taking out, putting in or installing of said can...... Do you still need the license you are talking about ??

She should be able to decorate a panel.
She is not allowed to "contract" the install through a sub-contractor. The owner would have to permit the sign, or the owner must hire a licensed installer permit and install.

0igo

Two hamburgers no onions no ketchup. Thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
She should be able to decorate a panel.
She is not allowed to "contract" the install through a sub-contractor. The owner would have to permit the sign, or the owner must hire a licensed installer permit and install.

So, can the owner actually do this without having the same permit a sign shop needs ??

Rick

So, can the owner actually do this without having the same permit a sign shop needs ??

It's the same permit, but an owner can pull the permit as long as they, their employee, or a licensed contract are installing.

Z SIGNS

I just did a search for acrylic sheets.
Looks like it's available anywhere & everywhere on the planet.

Hope this helps

player

If you are in the sign business, you need the basic skills of being able to phone a supplier and ask for the material you need. Without the ability to do this, you will have a tough go of it.

Sign Works

It boggles the mind that the younger folks of today for some unknown reason forget that they have all the information they could ever want right at their fingertips, it's called the "Internet" you lazy little chits. Anyone else remember actually using a phone book.

Andy D

It boggles the mind that the younger folks of today for some unknown reason forget that they have all the information they could ever want right at their fingertips, it's called the "Internet" you lazy little chits. Anyone else remember actually using a phone book.

Nooo, I always hated phone books so much. thank you thank you google!

Anytime they deliver phone books now they go right in the trash.