• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who made this banner?

toodark

Come on speak up!

SPELL CHECK IT!!!!

Attachments

• dedutable.jpg
    dedutable.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 122

G-Artist

That brings up an issue.

Assuming the client provides you the copy where you merely copy and paste the verbiage
and your sole input is the choice of typeface to make it fit the size of the substrate
ordered, should you even care (assuming you caught the error before cutting)?

Reminds me of a time when a high-priced ad agency either out of NY or Philly sent out copy
to local sign companies around the country for sign faces which were to be formed, decorated
and installed for their national client. Well, they spelled "Belleair" (a city in FL) as "Bellair"
and when the error was caught (after the install) the ad agency SCREAMED that the sign
maker should have caught such an obvious error since they were in a close-by city themselves.
The sign guys said (in essence) "screw you." You provided the copy and sent the P.O.
We provided everything to spec., as spelled out in YOUR P.O. Ain't our fault nor our responsibility.

iSign

That brings up an issue.

Assuming the client provides you the copy where you merely copy and paste the verbiage
and your sole input is the choice of typeface to make it fit the size of the substrate
ordered, should you even care (assuming you caught the error before cutting)?

Reminds me of a time when a high-priced ad agency either out of NY or Philly sent out copy
to local sign companies around the country for sign faces which were to be formed, decorated
and installed for their national client. Well, they spelled "Belleair" (a city in FL) as "Bellair"
and when the error was caught (after the install) the ad agency SCREAMED that the sign
maker should have caught such an obvious error since they were in a close-by city themselves.
The sign guys said (in essence) "screw you." You provided the copy and sent the P.O.
We provided everything to spec., as spelled out in YOUR P.O. Ain't our fault nor our responsibility.

well, you define 2 entirely different scenarios...
"assuming you caught the error before cutting" of course you should stop the presses & correct the situation... possibly by contacting the client, but certainly don't make the banner, knowing it is spelled wrong...

Craig Sjoquist

Agrees with ..Isign... if that would have happen to me ..yes I would redo sign as soon as possible ..I really do not care who's fault it is .. it's wrong it get's changed, my name means more then a misspelled word(s)

Besides see's this type of signage here alot, letters as tall as possible from end to end so sad, ..A great reason for certified sign advertisers .. are we not craftsman (women) that are suppose to be educated in advertising signage, providing the best advertising image.

We really should think about a Signs 101 certificate .. this would help all when it come to sales and know how... Mechanics have ASE

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, so someone missed by one letter on that banner, but what the heck does that other sign say ??

G-Artist

"I'm sorry sir, why didn't you tell us that you wanted it spelled right."

It was spelled "right", just incorrectly...lol.

I am also amazed at the number of Web sites that are owned by 'graphics' people
(sign shops included) where spelling errors abound. I won't even venture
into the grammar aspects of many of them.

I remember reading many years ago, (Reader's Digest?) whether by design or
error, a shopkeeper who had an odds and ends store had a sign with a similar
mistake. Folks would go out of their way to stop in and inform the merchant
of same. Several sign guys stopped in over the course of time to offer a correction.
The reply they got was "no dice." That error brings in far more potential customers
then any sign or ad he has ever had. Once there, they were encouraged to
browse. True or not, food for thought.

Victorian Signs

You know some of the best advertising is just that: IF YOU MISS SPELL SOMETHING, ITS WORKING............BECAUSE YOU KNOW PEOPLE ARE READING ITTTTTTTTTTT.:Coffee: