• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who's Hungry?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm always hungry, but who eats this fast food crap anyway ??

Besides, that's just what it is..... Fast Foods. It's meant to be bought and quickly eaten, not taken home, and made part of a photography shoot. You start wilting, too.

Anyway, does it say somewhere that the sandwiches you receive will look just like the picture of a perfectly made sandwich which was probably fake to begin with ??

I'm still hungry............... :munchie:

Mike F

Most food you see used in ads, especially by big companies like that, isn't even food at all. Styrofoam, plastic, paint, glue, etc., it's all "props". The "milk" you see in cereal commercials? Elmer's glue and water. The "cheese" in those pics? Probably about as edible as the cheese that comes with those kitchen sets little girls play house with (if kids these days even still do that anymore).

edit @ucmj's post: Yet another reason my kids will be home schooled if I ever have any. And that principal is either incompetent or full of crap if he's saying he doesn't know what goes on in his own school.

ucmj22

Most food you see used in ads, especially by big companies like that, isn't even food at all. Styrofoam, plastic, paint, glue, etc., it's all "props". The "milk" you see in cereal commercials? Elmer's glue and water. The "cheese" in those pics? Probably about as edible as the cheese that comes with those kitchen sets little girls play house with (if kids these days even still do that anymore).

when I had to shoot picture of a krispy kream® burger, I sprayed the donuts with pam so they would have that "hot off the line" glisten:glasses:

Marlene

it's pretty cool to see how they set up food to have photos taken. they do some strange stuff to get it to look great.

Signs 365

As I said...nothing we didn't already know about food ads. I just saw it, mouth was watering, and found it to be an interesting look. :)

signswi

Good one page article in Fast Company this month about the guy who films shots of food falling through the air with lots of water drops in slow motion, being chopped, etc. for commercials. He makes these neat contraptions, like a dual catapult that shoots at itself to get shots of food tumbling into itself in the air. Everything is shot at super high speed.

I've been primary AD on a few food shoots, it's incredibly difficult to do well.

Worth a read, Fast Co is one of the few dead tree subscriptions I highly recommend.

WOODBS

The Burger-nutt... double cheeseburger with bacon, but the bun is a doughnut cut in half grilled on the cut side, then glazed side toward meat as the bun...awesome