• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

xmas cards..?

gabagoo

How many here send out Seasons Greetings cards to all your regular customers?

What budget do you put towards the cards and possible gifts for your "A" clients?

just curious if we go overboard on this stuff every year?

Lastly, how many of us stock our personal bars with those bottles of booze that just never made it to all our customers? lol

:bushmill::bushmill::bushmill::bushmill:ahhhhhh.... some single malt.... my companies gift to........................................................ME!!!!:clapping:

Foghorn12

This will only be my second year in business but I haven't done this yet. I keep thinking about it and it seems like a good thing to do. Maybe I'll send them out Monday.

Marlene

we do cards and what makes it nice is they aren't the "really an advertisement" kind. each of us have people we have worked with or have continued to work with and each of us write out our own messages. I really like 99% of the people I get to work with and it's nice to send a personal message at the end of the year to them. we also give gifts to those who have spent a good deal of money with us, long time customers and such. we also send to suppliers and people we outsource to.

I know I love it when someone drops off a little gift or takes the time to write a personal message in a card to me so I hope that when we do it, those who get them will feel the same.

Charlie J

First year we sent out about 60 xmas cards. Last year we sent out 180. This year we sent out about 250 xmas cards. We do a promotion, $10 off your next purchase. Usually helps out a little bit.

J

john1

I sent out a few hundred last year and not one thank you or anything. So, guess what im doing this year? nothing

iSign

I get a lot of cards every year. I've never even thought of saying "thank you"... but I have thought I wish i had sent cards... I looked into it this year, thinking I'd send 500 to 1000, but i just couldn't afford it. Penny wise pound foolish I'm sure, and i still wish I did it, but I'm struggling to pay the mortgage, so "penny wise" is a hard emotion to overcome...

WildWestDesigns

I sent out a few hundred last year and not one thank you or anything. So, guess what im doing this year? nothing

I only sent out for the ones that are more frequent in their accounts and I also have some type of discount attached to them as well. I would say about 50% of them said thank you and about 85% ordered from me this holiday.

I would still send them out just to keep my business "fresh" in their mind. I don't really expect a thank you, it would be nice, but I really don't expect it. Their thank you is actually ordering from me again during the timeframe of that percentage off and to continue to do so after that % expired.

I typically do nice postcards that I do the layout for and design work. Print them off and away they go.

gabagoo

I sent out about 200 and any clients who gave me a hard time were wiped off the list.

Now on the other hand, I have not received ANY cards from any of my suppliers... Shame on all of you as we are always a good account that pays on time everytime..

One home builder we do work for asks not for gifts but a donation for the food bank, and whatever dollar amount we give they will match it. Now thats the holdiday spirit!!!

WILLIAMS

+1..... we mail custom designed/printed ones that basically wish happy holidays and a thank you for their business. No sales offer or discount- it's more of a piece to keep our name out there. We also carry the design over to our email blast that goes out to everyone on our email list.

Pat Whatley

I sent out 50 "handmade, custom, watercolored" cards this year. I never heard a word about the cards I've bought and sent but I get tons of comments on the "handmade" cards.

They're not really completely handmade. I create 10 different layouts on the computer using cartoony artwork, put them on the light table and trace them onto watercolor paper with different sized permanent markers, then fill in the color with watercolor washes. The message inside is personalized to each person instead of just the same generic message for each person.

Bannerday

I sent out 50 "handmade, custom, watercolored" cards this year. I never heard a word about the cards I've bought and sent but I get tons of comments on the "handmade" cards.

They're not really completely handmade. I create 10 different layouts on the computer using cartoony artwork, put them on the light table and trace them onto watercolor paper with different sized permanent markers, then fill in the color with watercolor washes. The message inside is personalized to each person instead of just the same generic message for each person.

That's an very original idea. Can you post a picture of any of the cards?

binki

We give gift cards to local restuarants to our top customers by volume and profit $. We do not give to anyone that would get in trouble for taking the gift or where the situation wouldn't look good, mostly government employees.