• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Your Physical Health

JBurton

Signtologist
Working alone, I'm always paranoid about cutting my hand off with the saw and bleeding out and dying
For me, it's digging into a stack of sheet materials leaning against a wall that gets dangerous (aluminum, acm, acrylic, the heavy stuff). As long as you just pull them back far enough to stand on edge, you're great. If you lean them towards you, they'll usually slowly overpower you. I've seen a 300lb man get pinned as he insists he can handle the weight. The one that got me recently, I have a new guy, 5' tall and maybe 120lbs, he try to lean 18 sheets of lexan backwards for something behind, and they all came down on him. Luckily lexan is flexible enough that all that weight wasn't on him, but I heard a noise, ignored it for a second, then on second thought I jogged out to see him stuck there, trying to come up with a way to get out... without calling for help.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I can hold up heavy signs...

d79118e7e23a618c5fbb8977a076a843.jpg