• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1k misprinted business cards

W

wetgravy

So ... I have 1000 business cards that got printed at 50dpi. Printing company is sending out ones that aren't misprinted but they don't want the cards back ... what would you guys do with that many cards that look fine from about 2 or 3 feet away but just look blurry close up?

Pat Whatley

Toss them out. I'm assuming full color since they're blurry...you're out what? $15? Toss them so nobody gets the idea that's the quality they can expect from you.

petesign

Use them as a tool to show people why you cant pull a graphic or logo off of someone's website and print it... or give them to some hobos and let them burn them for a few minutes of warmth.

SignManiac

Build a house of cards or a replica of the empire state building. Try to engineer a bridge out of them strong enough to support 50lbs.

Or do what I would and build a real plane from them!

GypsyGraphics

SHRED THEM!
the fact that you're asking sounds like you might be tempted to give them to the client in a pinch.

even though your client knows it's not representative of your work... the 1000 people he hands them out to won't.

Last edited:

iSign

get a rubber stamp that says:
"GO GREEN" followed by
"Your Name Here______"

then when someone doesn't like your biz card price,
show them option 2... the discount recycled card!

high impact

Garbage can...fast. Before you are tempted to do something else with them. Oh wait a minute - you already are tempted to do something else with them. Walk out to the dumpster right now...don't think about it.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I would reduce them to ashes immediately. There's a time to be frugal, and this surely isn't one of them.

Kottwitz-Graphics

I agree with everyone else.... I'd use them as target practice, then burn what was left...

My first question would be how did they get printed at 50 dpi.

CanuckSigns

the local print shop gives us a bunch of mis prints and we use them for paint filling engraved brass plaques. they work very well for squeegeeing paint into the letters.

W

wetgravy

the local print shop gives us a bunch of mis prints and we use them for paint filling engraved brass plaques. they work very well for squeegeeing paint into the letters.

Crap, that is awesome. That and fireplace starters are almost perfect.

And for the record, I never want to use these things since when you compare them to the ones I just got in ... horrid. I think the file prep guy went retarded for a minute and dropped the dpi, because if you look closely it looks like the rip still printed them at 300dpi. Human error happens, which is why I got another batch on the way.

schramm

Hand them to your customers at a distance! DUH!:omg2:

PITCH THEM - I mean if you were UNHAPPY with them why would you ask?