• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1st Full Vehicle Wrap - critiques please

WestCoastMapGuy

Hi All,

So, I have had my sign shop for a month and decided to tackle a dream. I have been making a recreational map for the area where I live and for many years and I have always wanted to wrap my 2001 Red Dodge 1500 Ram Pick Up in the map. I started the job this Friday and finished on Monday morning. There are very few people in this area that do wraps so I figured that this my opportunity to advertise the 2 things that I do. Make Maps and Signs and I guess now wraps!

I learned a lot from this forum. The views, opinions and ideas got me through this and for that I thank you all. I did run into a few problems in the beginning, but after several hours of working with the material I managed to make it presentable. Frankly, when I drove to the corner store, when the job was half done, I felt I was in a parade.

Thanks again, you guys (and YouTube) gave me the knowledge to pull this off.

Attachments

• DR-Wrap1.jpg
    DR-Wrap1.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 134
  • DR-Wrap2.jpg
    DR-Wrap2.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 103
  • DR-Wrap3.jpg
    DR-Wrap3.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 111
  • DR-Wrap4.jpg
    DR-Wrap4.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 114
  • DR-Wrap5.jpg
    DR-Wrap5.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 127

signmeup

I like it mostly. The tailgate's a bit odd to me.
I think it would have been better with the hood emblem on the doors too.

Dave Drane

What are you actually advertising...I live on the Sunshine Coast in Australia, and I studied your pics but I can't find a reason for your advertising???

signmeup

That's why I mentioned the emblem on the hood. It's not obvious what he is trying to sell or who he is. The business name on the door would have been a nice touch.

Dan Antonelli

I think you missed an advertising opportunity. The problem with the graphics is you need to be 3' away for them to make any sense. From a distance or driving down the road, really hard to discern your message. I like your logo and agree as Signmeup stated that you should have made that your primary branding on the side of the vehicle.

John Butto

nice job...

Looks good to me, I like to look at maps and the back gives you the information you are trying to get across. As far as readability, most people don't even see stop signs.

Billct2

I really like the concept. I agree on the branding though, the logos on the doors is obvious.
Do you have a web site? It seems "SunshineCoastSuperMap.com" would work great, and I would try to pop that text off the background more.

WestCoastMapGuy

Thank you

Thanks everyone. I agree with adding the logo to the doors. I will make some decals for that. I really didn't want to cover too much of the map as there are only about 14,000 people that here, they all know the distinctive colors of the map.

As for the "Sunshine Coast Super Map" Text, does nyone have ideas that I can add to make it pop better.

Thanks again.

GypsyGraphics

Love the hood and you did a nice job aligning a difficult graphic, from the hood to the fenders.
my concern is the placement of text... to low to see on the side back end and the phone number on the tailgate is almost impossible to read.

totally agree on bringing the logo onto the doors, that'll look really nice!

Craig Sjoquist

Well for a 1st are ya happy with the learning on the install sure ya can do better next time
As far as the design well I did like how you put the name over the wheel and the map background was cool.
I sure you still can do better, since your in a area with few others doing same to learn you able to change every so often, do some reading on design and wraps also look at others that you like or not and learn if you study hard and learn well you'll come out on top , go for it, don't just think ther hardly anyone else.

tcorn1965

I am by no means qualified to critique as a professional, as a citizen though the tailgate makes me think yours was wrecked and replaced with white one. I love everything else. Talented 4 sure!

Terry