• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A great way to END the week off bad!

TheSellOut

So here is a job that I was awarded by a client of mine where I had painted an existing pole and refaced the sign, lettered all the entrance doors, and sub-contracted the re-skinning of all the existing awnings to a high reputable sign and awning company.

My work was complete and all the awnings were 90% complete as of Wednesday. All that looked to be left, to me, was for the Service awnings to be wired and finished with egg grating along the bottom.

I was on site yesterday checking out the the almost completed job and very excited about how everything was looking. Now, no sooner than I got back in my shop did I receive a call that the service awnings had come crashing down.

Sick to my stomach I went back to the site to see the devastation.

Most importantly no one was injured and I can say that luckily it happened when it did and not after the dealership was open with a full lot of customers and vehicles.

Hopefully there is a light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Attachments

• Honda 1.jpg
    Honda 1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Honda 2.jpg
    Honda 2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 90

Billct2

whoa...that is scary....did the awning guys reskin on site or take them down and reinstall?

jc1cell

Initial reaction to the second photo:

UUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope the awning guys come through for you.

jc

"Deposit Please"

That's definitely not a way you want to bring in the weekend. Could be worse. Should've been 5 or 6 damaged cars + someone hospitalized + lawsuit.

showcase 66

That sucks. I hope the place who did the awning for you steps up and makes this right.

Its hard to tell in the pix, but did the anchors pull out or did they snap. Also did they reuse the original hardware to put it back up? Kinda looks like to me that they may have put it up with only placing bolts in certain areas to hold it up and then forgot to go back and finish installing the rest of them.

gabagoo

How on earth did it fall so fast? I would be more concerned about the entire job. what a bummer dude

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yowsa............... :Oops:

Did they all come down or break loose or just the one in your photo ??

I'm sure they awning people will have insurance for this. Hope everything works out for you :beer:beer

JR's

but did the anchors pull out or did they snap. Also did they reuse the original hardware to put it back up? Kinda looks like to me that they may have put it up with only placing bolts in certain areas to hold it up and then forgot to go back and finish installing the rest of them.

that would be my guess to.

JR

skyhigh

wow.....

From what I can make out on the picture, it looks like there are hangers across the top, but I can only see one maybe 2 across the bottom of the wall (if what I'm seeing is actually hangers). Could they have set the tops & forgot to come back to do the bottom?

It wouldn't take much wind to lift the awning off the top set of hangers, especially if they didn't put tek's thru the hangers & into the tubing.

hang in there!!!