• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A sign related food subject......................................................................................

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
my only point was, most greeks arrive by crossing the atlantic.
you are 3000 miles away from that shore
They came by wagon on the Oregon trail. Actually, there's a fairly large Greek community here. Every year the Greek orthodox church has a Greek Festival. It's pretty fun - great food!

Stacey K

I like making signs
I don't know much about Greek people. I don't think I know any Greek people, do I? Are there Greek celebrities? Are any of you Greek?

I do enjoy scouring the internet to learn about different cultures. Sounds like a good topic for me to cover this Christmas break LOL

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't really care where the food originates as long as I like it. I've had greek food made by germans and it was wonderful. I've had chinese food made by italians and it was splendid. My wife can cook/make any cultural food on the planet. That's mostly what matters to me. Not only that, but she can slant it to meet our taste buds if we need it tweaked. She's invented soups, dishes and all kindsa baked goods..... ( what's a baked bads ??) and has never failed me. We're gonna sport all kindsa homemade potato, cabbage and hot pepper pierogies for Christmas. She's gonna start Friday with the fillings and put them together Saturday and we'll eat them Sunday. She's making about 6 dozen, so they'll be leftovers. She's making placki and I think if there's time....... szarlotka.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Gosh that sounds delicious! My grandma was an excellent cook. She had a notebook which she wrote all the holiday meals in, who was there, how much food, everything she made, etc. Pretty cool to look back on it.

I've started making freezer meals on Saturday mornings for the week ahead. Some of our favorites were chicken pot pie, lasagna, cilantro lime chicken tacos, honey glazed spiced pork chops. All from Pinterest or my recipes adapted for the freezer. Whoever is home first throws it in the oven or I put it in the crock pot before I leave. It's made week days much easier.

Boudica

I don't know much about Greek people. I don't think I know any Greek people, do I? Are there Greek celebrities? Are any of you Greek?

I do enjoy scouring the internet to learn about different cultures. Sounds like a good topic for me to cover this Christmas break LOL
Watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding wedding :roflmao:

A few Greek Celebrities:
...Jennifer Aniston (and of course her father John Aniston), Tina Fey, John Stamos, Telly Savalas...

Stacey K

I like making signs
Watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding wedding :roflmao:

A few Greek Celebrities:
...Jennifer Aniston (and of course her father John Aniston), Tina Fey, John Stamos, Telly Savalas...
You are a wealth of knowledge today! Very informative...thank you!

Boudica

Gosh that sounds delicious! My grandma was an excellent cook. She had a notebook which she wrote all the holiday meals in, who was there, how much food, everything she made, etc. Pretty cool to look back on it.

I've started making freezer meals on Saturday mornings for the week ahead. Some of our favorites were chicken pot pie, lasagna, cilantro lime chicken tacos, honey glazed spiced pork chops. All from Pinterest or my recipes adapted for the freezer. Whoever is home first throws it in the oven or I put it in the crock pot before I leave. It's made week days much easier.
Damn your organized!

1671559728206.png

DeadDoc

Payment for being a director of photography for a youtube channel before the pandemic. All the food I could eat, but I really did have to work for it. Plating is by me as well.

This is a porkchop sandwich.

IMGP6985-HDR-Edit small.png

I do get food/coffee for doing installations with the current printing job but never took a photo of it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Haa, went to one of the private clubs we belong to last night and had fish sandwiches and great fries. Yummy.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Me either...but then, I don't like fish.

Funny thing is..... fish tacos aren't even traditional mexican food. They only came about in the 50s and I believe in this country. Might as well just make sauerkraut tacos, deer venison tacos or pepperoni tacos.