• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Al Checca

Al Checca

Weds the 16th

Well it is set up now, this Wednesday the 16th I'll be having open heart surgery to install a mechanical heart valve and have a double or tripal bi pass.

I'm told that I was looking at 3 days in icu and a couple in a step down unit then home here for 4 to 6 weeks recovery. So hopefully in 8 weeks i can make another attempt at that darn transplant list.

I know it is not like I been able to check in everyday day, but if i go off radar this is why. Thank you all for wonderful e-mails , pm's and support. It really means so much.

Time to get this done....... :rock-n-roll:

GB2

Old Member
Al, you know they say whenever you think things are bad for you just look around and you'll find lot's of people with worse problems. For most of us here, unfortunately, you serve as that worst case inspiration, but for you, know that as bad as things may seem they can always be worse. As Doug said, look at the good side of this and know that it is far better to find this out now, rather than later, and deal with it up front. Could you imagine if you were approved for your transplant and the doctor's found out in surgery that your heart wasn't up to it? I say the doctor's would have found out because you might not have made it would never have known. Wouldn't that be a terrible scenario, finally approved just to fail in the process...how lucky you are now!

You probably stand a good 12" shorter than me Al, but you are a far bigger man on all counts. I read of your progress here and watch, waiting for you to stand on the pinnacle of your long climb up the mountain, hoping for you to begin the descent of good fortune and health on the other side. Your journey however, has been long and difficult and amongst all the well wishers I wonder what could I say, what could I do, as we all go about the mundane daily affairs of life so far from you, only to conclude that joining in the unified voice of support is all we can do as you struggle with your personal journey. So with that Al, I wish you the strength to go on, I wish that you conquer this next setback quickly and easily, I wish you succeed with your transplant and I wish you finally recover to many years of good health, happiness and normalcy, for you certainly deserve all those things and more Al.

signage

Al, you know they say whenever you think things are bad for you just look around and you'll find lot's of people with worse problems. For most of us here, unfortunately, you serve as that worst case inspiration, but for you, know that as bad as things may seem they can always be worse. As Doug said, look at the good side of this and know that it is far better to find this out now, rather than later, and deal with it up front. Could you imagine if you were approved for your transplant and the doctor's found out in surgery that your heart wasn't up to it? I say the doctor's would have found out because you might not have made it would never have known. Wouldn't that be a terrible scenario, finally approved just to fail in the process...how lucky you are now!

You probably stand a good 12" shorter than me Al, but you are a far bigger man on all counts. I read of your progress here and watch, waiting for you to stand on the pinnacle of your long climb up the mountain, hoping for you to begin the descent of good fortune and health on the other side. Your journey however, has been long and difficult and amongst all the well wishers I wonder what could I say, what could I do, as we all go about the mundane daily affairs of life so far from you, only to conclude that joining in the unified voice of support is all we can do as you struggle with your personal journey. So with that Al, I wish you the strength to go on, I wish that you conquer this next setback quickly and easily, I wish you succeed with your transplant and I wish you finally recover to many years of good health, happiness and normalcy, for you certainly deserve all those things and more Al.

:goodpost::thumb:

Al Checca

Wow sure was good, thank you all..

Al Checca

Well I wanted to make sure I left everyone know that has been following my story that Friday I found out I was accepted to the kidney transplant waiting list, after the dental and the heart issues I have finally made it. I am a proved to be healthy enough to have the surgery. Thank you all that have checked in with me and raised my spirits when things looked down.
Now we all wait. I'm ready to do it again so all is good. Thought I'd share that info will all. :thankyou:

skyhigh

Good to hear from you Al. Congratulations on another step forward.

Was just talking about you a couple days ago. No worries, it was all good.