• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Al Checca

Jillbeans

Would anyone be willing to donate their services (such as logo design, website stuff, signs etc) to a dentist or oral surgeon in the Latrobe/Greensburg area in exchange for their helping Al?
We all know some dentists with a nasty sign, this might be another way of helping.

Jill I would do anything I could to help. Heck if anyone anywhere knows a dentist that would help out we could easily raise travel funds.

this entire situation is so frustrating to me as it is something that appears to be attainable/fixable.

any buzz created from the news story Al? if a generous dentist offers you services PLEASE let us all know even if it is on the other side of the country .

hang in there

ProWraps

al, sleep tonight KNOWING we will not let you down. you are in great hands and we are all pulling for you.

I cant wait to meet you brother.

-chris

iSign

Al, hoping the best for ya buddy... looking to meet again at the next edge head meet I'm able to make it to.. so, what's up with that last line in the news story you posted? I don't know if that was a recent update but since nobody's mentioned it, maybe it is new... but didn't that story close with:

"Three dentists contacted Channel 4 Action News Friday offering to provide Checca with free dental care to clear the way for his kidney transplant."

..I mean that sounds pretty darn hopeful that you might be well on your way to solving this first roadblock... I hope so, & we can move on to praying for a timely & successful transplant!

hang in there bro!

Replicator

AirArtGirl and I have donated, wish it could be more . . .

As always Al our thoughts and best wishes are with you for a full recovery !

~Marc

SignosaurusRex

Finally.....donations showing up in the "Goal Meter"! I understand that it can take a few days for the donation levels to show up to current levels.
Lets rally this thing like we've never rallied before. This is a great opportunity to make a huge difference in the life of a brother, here and now, not later....God forbid!
I might add that Al has children and a wife......not to mention all the others that he has touched and continues to on a regular basis. We've had some awesome rallies in the past, but not for a cause of as great an importance and magnitude as this one. Lets push this one over the top!:rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll:

rcook99

Best of Luck Al, let's get you better because we have nobody else that can wear that grenn wig like you do.:thumb::U Rock:

Al Checca

Hi Gang, I wanted to thank everyone and offer an update.
A wonderful Dr Timko http://www.drtimko.com/ is a periodontist that has offered to take care of the person end of the work I need done. He called my house after watching the news and I am to call his office next week and set things up, we'll do the first visit and see what all needs done but he is sure willing to help with the situation.
There are great folks still out there and I am grateful but still think it is a shame you have to beg on tv for help.
Things might work out ok, the newspaper interview should come out today, as I find it I'll link it here also.
Thanks again for everyone's help. I sounds silly but I have a ton of emotions going right now and it really is wonderful to know there are freinds in my corner willing to help.

On a side note another reason I went with that fund rasing company was the funds can only be spent on medical and can't be misused, it can be used for current dental, medical or aftercare. I was happy to see that darn thermometer starting to move. lol

SignosaurusRex

That's the best news I've heard in a long time Al! :clapping::clapping::clapping: I'm sure you will still have a lot of out-of pocket expenses along the way and with aftercare etc. so, I hope we all can keep the fund growing. I think a huge thank you from signs101 members to Dr. Timko is in order.

Bigdawg

Just Me
...I was happy to see that darn thermometer starting to move. lol

Yep - I've been watching that damn thing every day. I hope we'll all just keep doing what we can to keep it moving. I know from watching Jeff how hard it is when you spend your life helping other people and sucking it up so you don't have to lean... to then be the one asking for help. I want to thank you for letting us do it... and trusting us enough to ask.

Al Checca

That's the best news I've heard in a long time Al! :clapping::clapping::clapping: I'm sure you will still have a lot of out-of pocket expenses along the way and with aftercare etc. so, I hope we all can keep the fund growing. I think a huge thank you from signs101 members to Dr. Timko is in order.

You bet, when I get transpanted again, I'll have to go to the transplant center 2 times a week to be monitored for several months.

Baz

I'm in!!! Hang in there Al :thumb: I hope we can make a difference. We're rooting for ya :toasting:

I like the way NTAF has their system set up! To anybody who wants to help out a great person like Al. It was really easy to do so.

AusAndy

Al has health insurance but not dental insurance.
He has been denied a kidney transplant because he needs to have his teefs fixed to the tune of $10K.
His teefs and jawbone are damaged from the side effects of years of taking anti-rejection meds required due to his previous transplants.

...I think he may also need a new green wig, it's getting kind of threadbare.

What a load of shit. To deny some one medical attention because they have a dental issue??? Surely this cant be serious? I have never heard such rubbish in my life... I wonder if the people who make these calls have had friends or family in the same situation.. Clearly not.... I am not loaded, but there is AUD100 coming from me.

Done...

Last edited: