• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone doing anything special this weekend?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Just wanted to see what everyones plans are for the long weekend. Hope you all have a safe and fun 3 day weekend! :thumb::wavingflag:

Jillbeans

Sunday my son and I are taking my 84 yr old mom out to Scottdale.
That's were our ancestral cemetery (well one of them) is.
When I was a kid and my grandma was still alive, we'd ride out there every "Decoration Day" to put stinky red geraniums on the graves.
It seemed like it took forever to get there!
Mom doesn't travel well anymore, and I know this will be the last time I ever go there with her.
We last went when Justis was in Kindergarten, he's now 14.
Mom is very "organized" and she's already driven her ancient Ford Tempo to the dollar store for silk flowers. She insists there's only 7 graves, and I know there are 9, but I sure as heck am not sneaking and buying extra fake flowers.
:)
My Civil War grandfather is buried there, the one who survived almost a year at Andersonville when he was about 20 years old.
Have a safe and enjoyable weekend.
Love....Jill

signgal

Wow, Jill... that beats my bbq celebration of son's graduation and hubby's b-day and our 21st wedding anniversary, all to hell! That's very cool! Good memories for J and great karma for you :)

d fleming

My brother and my Aunt are at opposite ends of the country and both are in bad shape. Aunt is 80 and has a cancerous tumor they just found blocking her liver and is on her way to Johns Hopkins, brother has had a tumor removed from behind his eye in the last 3 years, had radiation therapy early this year and now is leaking spinal fluid from his nose. Looks like I'll spend my holiday on planes and in hospitals rather than in bars playing music. Making reservations and arranging for another band to take our gigs now. Oh yeah, was up at 4:30 this am for a false alarm at the shop, weekend's getting off to one hell of a start.

Mosh

Avoiding or place in the Ozarks. Memorial Day, the 4th and Labor Day we do not even think about going out on the lake. Too many drunks out who think boats have breaks!!!

Staying home and spraying the crops.

Slamdunkpro

I'm cooking tonight for a friend's daughter's wedding rehearsal dinner tomorrow, then working on getting my new shop facility ready Sunday. Monday is Margarita day.

TheSnowman

Hang out w/ my family all weekend, maybe install a jungle gym thing at my parents house for "the grandkids" and then Monday, heading to Cedar Creek ATV Trail in Muskegon, MI with three other friends, and we are gonna ride the trails all day. Can't wait!

Bradster941

Avoiding or place in the Ozarks. Memorial Day, the 4th and Labor Day we do not even think about going out on the lake. Too many drunks out who think boats have breaks!!!

Staying home and spraying the crops.

Competition Sucks !!! ;-)))))))))))))))))))))
.:beer..:ROFLMAO:

gabagoo

well tomorrows my B-Day so I will start the day with a dog walk at 6am...... yea I know I'm 53 and cant sleep. I am old. I will then tinker around the backyard and then have breakfast and then cut the grass. Pretty boring so far eh? I will then head out to the driving range and hit a few balls. Then I come home and 2 friends and their wives are coming over to hang around the pool spa!!!!! Drinkin and BBQ'n to the wee hours of the night...well them anyways as I will probably fade out at 11.

Sunday morning....GOLF naturally followed by my wifes grandmother and mother comin over as well as my sister and her hubby. More poolin and BBQ'n!!! Oh my wifes grandmother is 102!!!! God bless her, and she is still quite with it. She loves my Ribs!!

Thats enough weekend for me....and then Monday morning I come back here and it starts all over again ugh

klemgraphics

Got behind this week, looks like I will be putting in a full day tomorrow. I bet the beer will taste very good the rest of the weekend though.

Air Art Girl

well, it's pouring down rain so it looks like I'll be cleaning work up out in the shop. Been way to swamped to keep up so need a couple days without the phone ringing to catch up.

absolutely hate to travel anywhere on 3 day holidays.

dwt

I'll be in one of Florida's crystal clear springs enjoying a picknik and wine basket with my wife.

Work all day tomorrow though.

Salmoneye

I will be working my a$$ off for the next three days trying to catch up and not loose any customers that have been waiting far too long for designs and finished products. This one man show has got to get some help.

sjm

Dude, all work an no play does not paint a good picture. Our first long weekend of what's turning into be a fabulous summer occurred this past weekend. It's named the 2-4 weekend for many a reasons.