• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone here part of a 100+ employee company?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Nobody knows everything and even sometimes when they are presently right, the future proves them wrong and vice versa. I'm not trying to convince anyone (that I don't personally know) of anything. I'm not apathetic about life but I honestly don't care about most things. I think too many people are caught up in fear and conspiracies and it is consuming their lives. As my old boss would say, control what you can control. Again, thats not apathetic, it's just reality. Life is short, its much easier to just roll with things and enjoy your time here.
Turtles take things slow and enjoy their time on this planet. They can roll with the punches because of their hard shell.

WildWestDesigns

I'm not trying to convince anyone (that I don't personally know) of anything. I'm not apathetic about life but I honestly don't care about most things. I think too many people are caught up in fear and conspiracies and it is consuming their lives. As my old boss would say, control what you can control. Again, thats not apathetic, it's just reality. Life is short, its much easier to just roll with things and enjoy your time here.
I agree with the overall sentiment.

I will say this, I should be in control over what goes into my body (I will say this,modern day liberals have lost the whole "my body, my choice" argument that are staunch pro mandate). Even if I do put crap in my body, that crap should be crap that I willing put into it (and no I'm not talking crap in terms of your little rant that the shrooms were growing from, I'm just in general talking about thing that may or may not be bad for you or that some people may believe to be bad for you etc).

why the f*ck do I still get scam phone calls every damn hour???
May not work for you, but I keep my phone off. Anyone that wants to get ahold of me, it's email. I would get rid of my cell phone, but family members make it to where I have to have it.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I agree with the overall sentiment.

I will say this, I should be in control over what goes into my body (I will say this,modern day liberals have lost the whole "my body, my choice" argument that are staunch pro mandate). Even if I do put crap in my body, that crap should be crap that I willing put into it (and no I'm not talking crap in terms of your little rant that the shrooms were growing from, I'm just in general talking about thing that may or may not be bad for you or that some people may believe to be bad for you etc).

May not work for you, but I keep my phone off. Anyone that wants to get ahold of me, it's email. I would get rid of my cell phone, but family members make it to where I have to have it.
I do agree. Not to open a can of worms but it seems that the anti vax/ it's my body vaxers are also the ones cheering the abortion law in Texas. I don't think I need to explain the hypocrisy. It does go in reverse as well. There is no self awareness anymore.

WildWestDesigns

I do agree. Not to open a can of worms but it seems that the anti vax/ it's my body vaxers are also the ones cheering the abortion law in Texas. I don't think I need to explain the hypocrisy. It does go in reverse as well. There is no self awareness anymore.
Yea, we have lost the middle ground, where compromise is made. That's the problem. I don't know which side is ultimately to blame (I know I have my suspects, but those are ones that I think, strongly, but still ones that I think), but both sides are damn sure responsible for perpetuating it.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

I know a few anti vax people. Oddly enough they are both overweight and eat fast food and gallons a soda a day...but are concerned about what health effects the vaccine has. :doh:

WildWestDesigns

I know a few anti vax people. Oddly enough they are both overweight and eat fast food and gallons a soda a day...but are concerned about what health effects the vaccine has. :doh:
Unfortunately, while that is abundantly hypocrisy, that doesn't in of itself negate what they say (depending on what arguments that the bring to the table).

To play devil's advocate here. Say you have a doctor that tells you smoking cigarettes is a very bad thing (and this actually has a connection to my concerns of what happens yrs down line and that argument, but I digress) and he goes through all the things of why you shouldn't smoke etc. Later on, you see the doctor smoking like a haystack. Does seeing him do that automatically mean that everything he said was wrong, because he chose to smoke anyway?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Yea, we have lost the middle ground, where compromise is made. That's the problem. I don't know which side is ultimately to blame (I know I have my suspects, but those are ones that I think, strongly, but still ones that I think), but both sides are damn sure responsible for perpetuating it.
The notion of sides is what perpetuates the divide. There's no "right"

SignEST

There's the crazy internet right that believes in all sorta crazy Facebook/Youtube conspiracies. It's bizarre how people fall for this garbage. This is why they should keep geriatrics and mentally challenged off the internet.

My microchip flavor was ranch.

I have worked in a 200+ employee company before and it wasn't that great. It was 2 shifts of people. Getting a facility big enough and making sure people get there was a job of its own.

Last edited:

rjssigns

And why does it seem like people are trying to bully someone else to do something? You have people making petulant attacks on other people as if they are chicken about getting a shot without knowing at all their thresholds for which they think that someone may or may not be afraid of. Sure, it's humorous, but otherwise not bringing anything to the table as far a meaningful discussion. In fact, it does more to turn people off whatever you want them to do, just on the basis of the attacks alone.

And this leads into why I have a problem with people that chose to get the vaccine to hopefully hasten things back to normal. When does it end? There will always be the next thing to bend over and take it without the lub for the next "crisis". If it isn't for another variant, I can easily see it being climate change as the next one (they start laying the ground work for that a few months ago).

I can't believe how many people are so willing to just bend over and take it, maybe I'm just the wackadoo though.

I'm not saying just to be silly and do everything that you want to and to hell with the consequences, but damn, people really should be able to handle things for themselves and not have someone else to them what they should or shouldn't do or else. I find it sad that it has come to that, but again, I'm probably just the outlier wackadoo.

As to this:
"What happened with Astrazeneca? Seems to be going along just fine although it hasn't been the object of my scrutiny."

I am aware of one death that has been confirmed. A BBC anchorwoman I believe. That is the only thing that I am aware of. There may be others, that's just the one that has come to my mind right off the bat.
You're not a whack-a-doodle just informed. You are also on point about the next thing and the next thing and the next thing ad nauseum.

Let's see if I got this right.
Two doses and you're good for 3 to 6 months.
Then a "booster" for your third dose. Ya know to keep that immunity up..., and they're already talking about a 4th dose.(see where this is goin'?)
If you had Covid your natural immunity is many times greater than any potion created in a lab.
All for an illness that has a 98% plus survival rate.
Getting the jab to get back to normal isn't working. Israel is the crucible.

BTW the CDC quietly changed the definition of vaccine.

WildWestDesigns

There will always be sides. Like it or not, there always will be. When there is a diversity of thought, there will be divides, that will translate into sides. In previous times, there was a chance to meet in the middle (I'm talking about in the political sphere, other spheres it will depend on the situation, where ever there is some type of competition, there will be sides, it's been that way a whole helluva lot longer then we have been alive and it will be there after we have been worm food and turned into dust, talking about not bothering about changing things one can't control, that's one right there as well). The only way around that in some capacity is more along a hivemind, but even then still have to have a leader on one side and drones on the other. And that would have to be one hive for all, because if you have two or more hives, when they come together then it's the standard ole our side versus theirs.

Unless we are able to agree on everything all the time, there will always be sides and little schisms (even among people that mostly think the same way), no way around that. It's how we choose to deal with that, is what is going to make the difference.

There's the crazy internet right that believes in all sorta crazy Facebook/Youtube conspiracies. It's bizarre how people fall for this garbage. This is why they should keep geriatrics and mentally challenged off the internet.

Doing something like this and what Notarealsignguy did in post 54 doesn't really do anything substantive. Sure, because your belief is one thing and it makes it seem like others are whackadoo, doesn't actually make it so (and conversively, it doesn't validate the other side). But things like this further the divide as well. It may help vent your frustrations (trust me, I'm guilty of this as well), but it really doesn't do anything. Sure some won't sway their minds whatever one does, no matter how logical the argument may be. Doing something like this, doesn't help at all in the overall sense. It may help you vent, but you vent and the people that think like you vent, but that would once again, just be your side of the issue that it helps.

Going back to somewhat a similar topic. Did y'all see earlier this month, I think it was in MO, where a business is now a private club to avoid mask mandates? It kinda reminds me when growing up in Plano, it was still "dry" (it may still be, just no one bothers anymore), in order to get around not being able to sell booze, a restaurant had their own membership club (typically it was free with a purchase of some type of booze). Downside is that for every eatery you got booze from, you had a card that you would have to show. Anyway, just had flashbacks is all from earlier times.

WildWestDesigns

Here is something more for the division (for those that are wondering what that is, "Here" is a hyper link, forum update did something with how those are rendered when they are embedded into text).

So, no technical mandate (but do have a shaming procedure in place) for players, although refs will for sure be mandated the vaccine. They did claim 85% are vaxxed, rather or not that figure is true, don't know, but even it it is, that 15% can start a super spreader event in no time. And I have seen instances were fully vaxxed bands, teams that still had them come down with covid for at least one person, so spreading is still there even for vaxxed. But for those that are vaxxed, they are covered 100% (at least according to the impatient one). I just think of the Texas Dems that abdicated their responsibility and flew to DC and how that turned out, beer bug spreading wise.

Given who some of the players are and their political leanings, why are they against this? They wanted people to vote for people that were in favor of more mandates etc.

Just more hypocrisy. That doesn't help bridge the chasm, that just cause an even bigger titanic shift apart.

victor bogdanov

Man, 98% is a great survival rate... for cancer.
2% of 6b is 120 million. That's quite the toll to pay for natural herd immunity globally.
That number seems huge until you realize that how many people die every single year. Over 1% of population dies every year. If you all lived to 100, then that number would be exactly 1% The majority of the with covid deaths were going to happen either way, few deaths can be attributed to covid only in people that weren't close to life expectancy anyway

rjssigns

Man, 98% is a great survival rate... for cancer.
2% of 6b is 120 million. That's quite the toll to pay for natural herd immunity globally.
I didn't mention cancer but since you brought it up it killed more people than Covid. It's highlighted in red in the bullet point chart below.

And by the way because of Covid all the rest of fatal diseases/deaths magically disappeared. SMH

2019 Data from the United States:
  • Heart disease: 659,041.
  • Cancer: 599,601
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 173,040
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 156,979
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 150,005
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,499
  • Diabetes: 87,647
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 51,565
  • Influenza and pneumonia: 49,783
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,511
Every 36 seconds, 24 hours a day 7 days a week someone dies of heart disease. Let that sink in. It far outstrips the Covid deaths to date and it has been happening year after year after year.
The media could care less because they can't spin it to their benefit. Although they do a smashing job of fear mongering when it comes to Covid.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I didn't mention cancer but since you brought it up it killed more people than Covid. It's highlighted in red in the bullet point chart below.

And by the way because of Covid all the rest of fatal diseases/deaths magically disappeared. SMH

2019 Data from the United States:
  • Heart disease: 659,041.
  • Cancer: 599,601
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 173,040
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 156,979
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 150,005
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,499
  • Diabetes: 87,647
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 51,565
  • Influenza and pneumonia: 49,783
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,511
Every 36 seconds, 24 hours a day 7 days a week someone dies of heart disease. Let that sink in. It far outstrips the Covid deaths to date and it has been happening year after year after year.
The media could care less because they can't spin it to their benefit. Although they do a smashing job of fear mongering when it comes to Covid.
It's great and all but do you think cancer would be on the list if it could be cured, vaccinated or mandated away?

Consider how all the restrictions and vaccines etc etc. affect the out come.

We saw how that shit flew up the roof for example in italy in the beginning. They would have a million dead if nothing was done.

There is basically no way you could proof how bad or good things could have gone without anything done to stop it.

I actually thought about it more. Of course cancer would still be on the list because not everyone would want to get rid of it for what ever made up weird reason... New tech and all that, not the well known good old 60s medicine.

Last edited:

WildWestDesigns

There is basically no way you could proof how bad or good things could have gone without anything done to stop it.

Considering that we have had numbers messed with (both up and down on the count), it's really hard to say one way or the other.

I always find it disturbing that when the technocrats say that this is just horrid and we need to do this that and the other and then the violate those same edicts. Why? Not once, sometimes not even just twice. Why?

That doesn't make sense to me.

I have to wonder, do you really think this is actually in the end going to go away? The delta variant is still be talked about and yet we have the up and coming Mu variant. It's always going to be something. It's endemic.

Forcing, bullying, shaming people to do something is never a good thing. Despite whatever good intentions you may have rationalized that you are doing this for.
New tech and all that, not the well known good old 60s medicine.
Since I have brought this up, I'll answer as to why I am concerned. How long does a new vaccine/drug take thru the full approval process? I think it's between 10 to 15 years. That's a long time with using methods that we are have idea of what to expect.

If this does turn out well, I could actually see an application for this very delivery with cancer treatment, so I am actually hopeful for it. I however, do not want to be a beta tester when I do not believe that I am in the category of those most at risk for the worst effects of the virus (which is really all that this vaccine appears to handle at this time as transmission (and payload of said transmission) and likely hood get infected in the first place appears to be a push).

If I was infected or I believed that I was in a high risk category, I would ease up on my fears of being a beta tester.

It's great and all but do you think cancer would be on the list if it could be cured, vaccinated or mandated away?
Actually, your only hope here is for a cure. Mandates (especially depending on how they are done (like with anything that may have been a good idea, how it's implemented can take a good idea and turn it to shit)) in this didn't work out all that well. And we have vaccines for several things, but they only work for specific strains. I have known people that have gotten the flu shot (even religiously) and they still get the flu (it's another variant, sound familiar?), bare in mind, the traditional flu is actually far more lethal to kids (I don't recall mask mandates and school closings during flu season when I was in school) and it wrecks havoc with the elderly as well. Why aren't there mandates for that as well? School closings. Right now, we should be doing zoom in school until spring time to protect from the traditional flu and the common cold, instead of exercising sound judgement and keep our ass at home when we don't feel well.

This is just some of the stuff that I would be concerned about, coming from my thinking. Not even getting into the concerns brought about with how political it has all become (which in my mind is the catalyst for a lot of this stuff as well). Health should not be in the political sphere if it is along political lines, which this one very much was/is.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Cripes, all the doctors in the world and as of late, most of them about a B or C average.... and all you sign people are trying to outguess the top doctors. What a crock. Call it what ya like, but this thing IS NOT gonna go away nicely. Between government and pharmaceuticals, they have us right where they want us. Fearing everyone, everything and cowering to their wants. They're shaming some people and making those already believing in them fearing even further.
If you want the vaccine take it. If you don't want it, don't take it. How frickin' hard can it be ?? Am I infecting others ?? Not that I know of. Are others infecting me ?? Also, not that I know of.

After only less than 2 years, they have no answers..... or they are not giving them out. They only put out what they want you to know..... and it's done that way to sway you.

While all this is going on, biden still gets away being a moron and ya don't hear anything from the others, cause they're all too afraid to be quoted.

It is a difficult position for someone who doesn't have a clue on how to lace up his shoes, but for the rest of us....... this is not the end. The old normal will never really return. We'll just roll with the punches and start doing things a new way. That's progress.

WildWestDesigns

We'll just roll with the punches and start doing things a new way. That's progress.
In some ways, already starting. This is actually just one facet that is causing change, but it also bleeds into the other, which is pop culture. Technically the term is parallel polis (or parallel society). That's the joy of having such deep division in this country.

WildWestDesigns

This is interesting, I'm actually seeing articles that say OSHA is underfunded and understaffed to effectively be able to enforce this mandate and it will more then likely be left up to the individual companies to do so. That and this will actually have to go through the lawsuits that have been filled on it.

One article said that even if they were fully staffed, OSHA isn't setup to do this type of proactive enforcement. It's usually where they get people filing complaints and such. For February, there was about 4 mil in fines, but they only ended up getting 900,000 (this was for violating safety precautions during beer bug). That's quite a reduction.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Why is it that every time I pop into this thread, THIS song consistently pop's into my head... I encourage you all to give a listen.

Last edited: