• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best time to buy a printer??

239Design

Hi Guys, this may be a dumb question but... is there a better time to buy a printer/cutter, as time of the year or best deals??? I am looking at the Roland SP300i. Thanks Scott

TXFB.INS

typically you will see the best deals when you buy at trade shows, another good time is towards the end of the year for tax refunds.

d fleming

Bought mine at a show and got a very good deal. Was also close to home so wasn't a big deal getting it to the shop.

VTSigns

Grimco just sent an email blast out today for a new 63" Mimaki for $12k. Sounded like a great deal to me. Never had a Mimaki myself but I have heard good things about them.

239Design

Thanks Guys, I also received that e-mail and it sounded like a sweet deal for a 60" printer but add about 1500 for deliver and training! (I called about it) I have a quote for $10995.00 for sp300i that is almost a $1000 less then 3 other quotes I got for the machine. I thing that is a sweet deal but I have the kind of luck that if I order it tomorrow I will see it for less the next day! For the 11,000 that includes setup and delivery,that is also from a company that delivers supplies to my little one man shop when I need them.

ProColorGraphics

Trust me, you'll regret not going with at least a 54" printer! Been there, I think it took 2 weeks after I got my first 30" printer that I had a request for a 4' by 8' banner.

AF

Thanks Guys, I also received that e-mail and it sounded like a sweet deal for a 60" printer but add about 1500 for deliver and training! (I called about it) I have a quote for $10995.00 for sp300i that is almost a $1000 less then 3 other quotes I got for the machine. I thing that is a sweet deal but I have the kind of luck that if I order it tomorrow I will see it for less the next day! For the 11,000 that includes setup and delivery,that is also from a company that delivers supplies to my little one man shop when I need them.

The best "deal" is the deal you are convinced was right. The right price, the right product, the right seller, the right experience, the right after-sale support and so on.

This is a business purchase, wasting time like your are buying a used car for a teenager is time that should have been used making money and keeping your shop busy. You know what machine you want and have worked over the dealers while haggling out the deal of the century, time to pull the trigger and move on. Getting the printer is just the beginning of your time and money spending. You can make more money but you can't make more time. If you can't wait for an end of the year trade show special, go with one of the offers you have now.

Dont let buyer's remorse kick in BEFORE you make the purchase! You have solid offers in the table, now get it done. All the best with the new printer.

MikePro

we always shop at trade shows, best deals hands-down, and hook the purchase to be expensed as close the the end of the year as possible for tax incentives. also noted, if you're looking for a super-deal, that new models released at/around trade show time drive-down the price on the previous models. older models also have a wider selection of 3rd party ink suppliers, which saves you a TON!

239Design

Thanks for the push, I need that sometime! Screen printing is my bread and butter so i do think I will stay with the 30" and save the 4G and at least get my feet wet in this area. I will make the call tomorrow!

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
GRS September Savings on the ValueJet 1324 only $11,000 and 1624 only $13,000

If you are interested we also have some great deals going on right now.

Brand New ValueJet 1324 for $11,000.00 from Graphic Resource Systems Now thru September 30th.
- This includes ink starter kit, Mutoh Edition FlexiPRINT SE, free 2nd Year Warranty and install/training up to three hours round trip from our office.

Learn more about the ValueJet 1324 Here.

or

Brand New ValueJet 1624 for $13,000.00 from Graphic Resource Systems Now thru September 30th.
- This includes ink starter kit, Mutoh Edition FlexiPRINT SE, free 2nd Year Warranty and install/training up to three hours round trip from our office.

Learn more about the ValueJet 1624 Here.

Both printers come with our new Customer Support Portal. You can find more information about our Customer Support Portal Here.

239Design

Pulled the trigger!

Well.. it might be over kill for what I think I need but I ended up with the vs540i. I hope to get it delivered the week of the 3rd-7th??

reQ

not overkill. 30" machine as was mentioned before would have limited you to what you can do with it. 54" is WAY better setup

heyskull

Probably the best time to buy a printer is just before the launch the new model!
But then you will panic!!!:banghead:
This is the most head battering thing you will ever do, in my opinion.

SC

FatCat

Just did the same thing and our new Mutoh 1624 showed up yesterday all bundled up like a Xmas present! :Big Laugh

IMG_0120.jpg