• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bidding job for mega church

xCROUSEx

There is a local mega church being built and they have asked me to bid doing all the interior and parking lot signs.

I do not have a lot of xp in interior signs. I have done rebranding things with marinas and what not that was all exterior.

Just seeking some advice on what you guys would recommend for interior things other than PVC board double-sided taped to the wall

SignManiac

That's a vague question. I'd need to know a hundred other answers to questions before I would even begin to make suggestions. The churches architecture, material, design, their budget. I'd sell them on gold, frankincense and meth.

OlsonSigns601

I use a local company that does engraving. Generally any company that does engraving that knows what they are doing can make some pretty decent plaques for interior signs.

Gemini also does good work but can be a little expensive.

J

john1

It's for a church, You will be underbid tremendously. They want a donation also.

Pat Whatley

It's for a church, You will be underbid tremendously. They want a donation also.
Don't bet on it. A big church is a MAJOR construction project and the sign work is usually the same as an office building. Don't forget to check ADA compliance on all the signs.

J

john1

Don't bet on it. A big church is a MAJOR construction project and the sign work is usually the same as an office building.

I don't know man, Churches around here that were recently built and large in size want donations and when you give a price they already have someone lined up to donate what you just bidded on.

I stay away from churches although i do have a excellent non-profit customer i am working with who values my work and doesn't ask for discounts but i help them out the best i can anyhow. This is not a church though.

OlsonSigns601

Every Church Job post seems to get hi-jacked by the church haters.

I don't go but I've never had a problem getting paid and one thing is for sure, the checks never bounce.

TheSnowman

Yep...good customers...they're just like every other customer...some are good and some are bad. I also have incredible realtor customers which everyone here seems to think is some kind of magical unicorn.

Gene @ C&C Engraving is a Merchant Member here. He does all kinds of ADA stuff, and they are great to work with. I'd contact him for the interior stuff. Very informative person to talk to.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You're never gonna know if it's worth while if you don't at least try.

However, like mentioned.... we need much more information on order to help you.

visual800

The worst part of dealing with a church is getting stuff approved after you submit your idea, after they pass it around 25 members this could hold you up for weeks, lol!

Try and find out the interior colors and style. and layout soem cool signs the call or email it to ADA plaque place like whitewater graphics and they will work you up a bid

gnemmas

I am more surprised that the building plan does not spell out some sign program, at the minimum, ADA required signs before approval by the authority to build.

May be they report to "Higher Authority"?

Oh yeh, we see a lot of pastors driving Mercedes or BMWs.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Church customers

The worst part of dealing with a church is getting stuff approved after you submit your idea, after they pass it around 25 members this could hold you up for weeks, lol!

Try and find out the interior colors and style. and layout soem cool signs the call or email it to ADA plaque place like whitewater graphics and they will work you up a bid

Find out WHO is the LEAD architect. Then you will be able to determine who is responsible for the Interior Space Design. Once that is determined, GO FOR IT! The church has used an architect and approved their submissions. Work with the designers and get the job!

gnemmas

On second thought, may be the church does'nt want to pay the Architect for the sign program!

They have to pay someone to come up with the sign program so sign shops can bid. If you are not qualified, find someone that is.

SD&F

We do quite a bit of work with churches. I would check and see if they have an architect, they will have someone over-seeing. I would recommend different choices depending on each part of the chruch. We use HDU primarily. I have both good and not so good experiences with the church. Mostly good....sometimes they want things for free, but not often.

lexsigns

Do they have a spec package? If not are thay asking you to "come up with something"? Just to bid?
I personally wouldn't do all the design work for free- If it is major construction project there should be specs and or drawings. Sign design and wayfinding is a whole seperate job. Drives me nuts when when they ask you to design something just to put a bid in. I dont do it for free... my 2c

lexsigns

BTW I do many church signs, mostly carved (1 in the shop right now) Never have had a problem with them...