• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Box Truck Graphic Wrap installation easy way

mistcooling

What is the best and easy way to wrap box truck graphic having 13' x 6'
graphic is a section of 13' x 3' each or can be cut in a four section..

What is the best method, wet or dry?
Tips for easy fast installation?

Laminated graphic in not a 3m , but looks like very thin brand read as "Turupati International"

I am in Houston, any help from the experts installers?

Scott Reynolds

There is no overlap if you cut into 4 pieces. Get a few people to help, line up to bottom panel first and tape on. Mark the print, pull half of the liner and install half at a time. When the bottom is on, line up the over lap on the top panel and install the same way. DRY!

Who printed it? What kind of vinyl and lam is it? Who are you and why are YOU doing this? :Big Laugh

So your Work Description says:

"Offering a best Installation service on vehical Graphics, banner, Event and Trade show signs"

So your a mister install company in Houston and you bought a printer and now your doing "Wraps"? You clam to be "best Installation service on vehicle Graphics" but you do not know how to do one of the simplest 2 panel installs. Im not trying to be a jerk here, but please take 2 steps back and rethink your approach to your new found business venture.

LarryB

Are you a end user? I would recommend using a qualified installer. I do not think signs 101 is a place for an end user to come for advice. Maybe Fred can chime in.

mopar691

He does work for a misting company, so he could do a really good job misting it with even coverage for the install. And do it in full 95 deg sunlight cause it would be cool in the mist.

Im wondering where I can get a mister?

J

john1

Support your local sign businesses. Stop trying to save money and do things yourself. You clearly aren't a sign company and clearly not a jack of all trades.

http://www.hydrobreeze.com

Sorry to be harsh but do things the right way.

FishnSigns

I agree with mopar. Let the truck sit in the hot TX sun for 3-4 hours, start your install around 2pm - oh and don't forget to lay your graphics out in the sun so they are nice and warm.

Or... throw out your crap vinyl, hire a pro and have it done right the first time.

VolunteerSign

I agree with mopar. Let the truck sit in the hot TX sun for 3-4 hours, start your install around 2pm - oh and don't forget to lay your graphics out in the sun so they are nice and warm.

Or... throw out your crap vinyl, hire a pro and have it done right the first time.

God I love it here! I only hate it took me so long to get here :clapping:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Are you a end user? I would recommend using a qualified installer. I do not think signs 101 is a place for an end user to come for advice. Maybe Fred can chime in.

This member's registration was initially rejected for the same reasons others have noticed and quoted in this thread. He then contacted me and argued that he is starting an installation service, so he was allowed entry here. Whether or not that is true is up to each individual member to decide as well as whether or not to offer legitimate advice.

Scott Reynolds

I am flying to Huston Tuesday the 12th for a week and thought about offering to stop by and maybe give you a few pointers. But Im staying in The Woodlands and Richmond, at 50 miles, is too far away. Oh well, best of luck to ya. Scott

Vinylman

This member's registration was initially rejected for the same reasons others have noticed and quoted in this thread. He then contacted me and argued that he is starting an installation service, so he was allowed entry here. Whether or not that is true is up to each individual member to decide as well as whether or not to offer legitimate advice.

He sounds like just another HACK Wanna-Be that is to cheap to pay for professional services from a fully trained certified installation company. Penny wise Pound STUPID!

IF! he is starting an "installation service" Then perhaps after going to 3M installation school, OR studying under the infamous Frank Fellers school of obnoxious installers, he might stop in occasionally, and share some of his own hard won knowledge about the "proper" way to install.

Here is another insight. If using "Turupati International" perhaps contacting your off shore printing source {i.e. INDIA} they might be able to communicate the proper techniques.
Baring that, you could always return to your "printing source" and ask them to install it.

{ OH! Sorry that would mean you would have to PAY someone to due what you already thought you knew how to do yourself. OR NOT!:iamwithstupid

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What is the best and easy way to wrap box truck graphic having 13' x 6'
With authorized installers.
graphic is a section of 13' x 3' each or can be cut in a four section..
Make it easy on yourself and cut it into 9.5" with 1/2" overlaps and start at the top and work down.

What is the best method, wet or dry?
Sticky, with lotsa cumquat juice.
Tips for easy fast installation?
When post heating, use an ACME flame thrower...
What happens when you get too close to the nozzle hot hgot hot.jpg

Or is that Pizza man ??
Laminated graphic in not a 3m , but looks like very thin brand read as "Turupati International"
One of the best, you can't go wrong here.

I am in Houston, any help from the experts installers?
It would be rather beneficial if you checked out the forum 6 pages down and studied that one for an hour or so. You'll make more money being a dentist than a half-baked sign guy.

What a great way to start the week.................. :goodpost:

TheSnowman

I'm thinkin' if you don't have the knowledge to know that you don't do wraps wet...you probably shouldn't have sold the job. Even doing a 5 minute search on YouTube or Google would have answered that for you.

anotherdog

yet another case of signs101 members jumping on the newbie.

Few installers here attended a formal course, many simply learned from a more experienced installer on the job or progressed from simple installs to wraps by incremental learning (the expensive way).

While I cringe at the thought of someone starting to learn without access to a cheap way to reprint screwed-up panels, I can't fault someone for wanting to develop new skills or even save money installing it themselves.

While I'm not a licenced electrician I have wired my lighting myself, Does that mean I should be roasted on a forum for seeking guidance?

Mistcooling, go to Utube and spend a few hours with installation videos... and for gods-sake hire a professional.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
yet another case of signs101 members jumping on the newbie.

Few installers here attended a formal course, many simply learned from a more experienced installer on the job or progressed from simple installs to wraps by incremental learning (the expensive way).

While I cringe at the thought of someone starting to learn without access to a cheap way to reprint screwed-up panels, I can't fault someone for wanting to develop new skills or even save money installing it themselves.

While I'm not a licenced electrician I have wired my lighting myself, Does that mean I should be roasted on a forum for seeking guidance?

Mistcooling, go to Utube and spend a few hours with installation videos... and for gods-sake hire a professional.

Unless it's different in Canada.... down here.... you can do all the plumbing, electrical and cement work you want.... as long as it's done in your own house where you abide. You can't do it to a rental, commercial or any other type of dwelling, but you can screw yourself and your family up all ya want without any penalty of law.

Have you, personally, ever re-wired or furnished finished electrical work for your sign business ??

As for your other statement, the guy was already denied access for coming aboard and argued til he was accepted according to Fred's post#10, in case you didn't notice. He's evidently lied about his credentials and wants to cut yet another sign shop out of the picture and wants to seek advice from possibly the very guy he's screwing, so yes, it's about time we rid ourselves of these parasites.

Honest to goodness Newbies are one ting, but home wannabe's.... take 'em out back and shoot 'em.

Here ya go.... down here, you can be the world's best mechanic, but if you don't have a state certified licesne, you can't inspect a vehicle. You can maintain it, but you can't sticker it. How 'bout them thar apples.​

mistcooling

Box Truck Graphic Wrap Installation

MISTCOOLING starting a seperate sign department on the Rental Box trucks and initial offering to all their dealers, distributors and Installers
on their trucks, this is a new idea of promoting sales together..
As a matter of fact we had hired two installers with a written quote and confirmation, but unfortunately both installers could not fulfill their promises
and started asking unreasonable amount of money due to their fixed rate contract with the existing company they work for.
I spent two weeks on installers, and can't wait any more, but decided to do by my own, and one section already installed with a easy home made tool
instead of RollerPro , I have used simple Shipping Tape dispensers roller, and that turns out to be a great result with the heat on the rivetts
We have already hired a graphic guys
So within 2/3 days I am sure can be able to install these kind of graphic on more and more trucks and will post the pictures with a new economical ideas we used

TXFB.INS

MISTCOOLING starting a seperate sign department on the Rental Box trucks and initial offering to all their dealers, distributors and Installers
on their trucks, this is a new idea of promoting sales together..
As a matter of fact we had hired two installers with a written quote and confirmation, but unfortunately both installers could not fulfill their promises
and started asking unreasonable amount of money due to their fixed rate contract with the existing company they work for.
I spent two weeks on installers, and can't wait any more, but decided to do by my own, and one section already installed with a easy home made tool
instead of RollerPro , I have used simple Shipping Tape dispensers roller, and that turns out to be a great result with the heat on the rivetts
We have already hired a graphic guys
So within 2/3 days I am sure can be able to install these kind of graphic on more and more trucks and will post the pictures with a new economical ideas we used

good luck, interested in seeing as many pics of what you are doing as you want to post.

lexsigns

:banghead::banghead:

Really? You are going to do this professionally and wont even buy a roller pro?
Not to be mean but seriously???? I hope your not doing service work on any of these trucks although I hear duck tape works well at holding the tires on... You know what the proper tools are to use to attempt to do a professional installation as a completely inexperienced installer and refuse to pay less than 100 for an indespensible tool?
I think you meed to re think your strategy here. You gett what you pay for.. The rivets will pop in less than a week. Then crack, Then you will be at square 1- oh but you saved buying a roller PRO