• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

calling all spider experts

petesign

The only thing with 8 legs that's moderately okay are crabs... and that's because you can break their legs, pull the meat out and dip it in butter.

Dead spider = good spider.

Deaton Design

Venom toxicity - the bite of the Wolf Spider is poisonous but not lethal. Although non-aggressive, they bite freely if provoked and should be considered dangerous to humans. The bite may be very painful. First aid and medical attention should be sought as soon as possible, particularly as to children or the elderly.

Marlene

well, I hope she stays gone and is safe and sound with her little family on her back. I am scared of spiders and don't ever want a spider near me, but I respect them and leave them alone. don't forget, she has no clue that those giant humans running around think she is gross and horrid. she didn't get up this morning with the intent to scare the crap out of someone, she is only doing what spiders do and should just be left alone.

Steve C.

I hate spiders, but they are beneficial. In the house they die. Outside, ok, but
don't invade my space. Let it live. Then go watch the sequence from Lord of
the Rings with Frodo and Shelob.

petesign

I like the movie Babe, but still eat bacon. Having been bitten by a few spiders, I kill every last one i see. Same with ants, same with mosquitoes. I will let a bee live, just from fear that all his angry buzzing brethren will come and get me.

A spider outside, is just a spider who hasn't found a way inside, under your covers, and onto you.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.

Attachments

• 2008-01-23.gif
    2008-01-23.gif
    28.9 KB · Views: 80

signswi

Move her if you have to, let her live. That's thousands of nuisance assassins right there, very useful. Way better than the nasty bugs those spiders will eliminate for you.

round man

I had a family of wolf spiders infest the rungs of a scaffold I left in the weeds out behind the house once,..they didn't like it one spring day when I finally moved their home out to a job site and used it to paint a wall for a couple of days,..in fact about a half a dozen smaller of their clan climbed up my pants leg and decided to munch down on me in order to defend their homestead,...it took almost six weeks for the eight to ten bites to heal,....the skin around the bite area was itchy somewhat like a mosquito bite at first but three days later they all turned into festering boil like infections,...from there the skin around the bites started rotting and turning black,....it got worse after that until they finally healed with a lot of tending to with antibiotics and some nasty draining processes you do not want the details of,..they are not harmless. they may not be deadly, but they can make you very ill if you get bitten by a dozen or more,...don't ask me how I came by this pearl of wisdom and I will not lie to you,...

Si Allen

The ones that you really have to watch out for are the Brown Recluse Spiders!

They will do you some major damage!

Attachments

• brown recluse.jpg
    brown recluse.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 48
  • brown recluse2.jpg
    brown recluse2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 48
  • brown recluse3.jpg
    brown recluse3.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 46

ForgeInc

Dudes!

ENOUGH with the pictures! I was clicking to the second page, all kinda laughing and was planning on a simple "funny thread" post...until I saw the pics. Yikes.

iSign

A spider outside, is just a spider who hasn't found a way inside, under your covers, and onto you.

DUDE I had one of those by my door a few months ago and I stomped on it, only to have hundreds of small ones go crawling in all directions..

I was traveling in Peru & camping in a small 2 man tent, where at 5am or so, I opened the door to let a little light in & fresh air, while I continued to relax in a semi sleepy state, my semi sleepy state wasn't all that interrupted when I noticed something like that walking by in my tent, because it was big enough & slow enough that even a semi sleepy paw could easily reach up from it's slumber & erase it from existence without even disturbing the sleepy quality currently pervading the rest of my consciousness...
-
-
-
-
or so I thought...
-
-
-
-
-
but when I saw, through one half closed eye, that the big spider, like a twisted relative of Medusa from your mythology, turned instantly into 100 little spiders 8" from my sleeping bag, and my face... basically between my and the doorway to survival (ok, a little over the top drama there... but you get the picture)..

well, that just may be where my instincts as a drummer may have paid off, with a flurry of polyrhythmic assault tactics, I defeated the enemy, cleared a path to the door & escaped with all my bedding, in about 5 seconds flat,..

by the way, did anybody else ever enjoy blowing marijuana smoke on a spider & watch it phuq up it's otherwise perfect web spinning? That sure was fun! (according to my little brother)