• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

casket vinyl application

slappy

What can I use to prep or clean the area where I am applying decals onto a casket? Casket is red... probably freshly painted assuming... I do not want to take my chances.

Thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Oi........ what will it matter ?? After it's in the ground, who'll know anything ??

If you're doing this for some display.... is the casket wood or metal ??

Never having done a casket, I would imagine the metal kind can basically be wiped down with alcohol and the wood is so fine a grain, again I would think maybe weaselp!ss would do it without leaving any marring behind.

:Sleeping:

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Agree with Gino. A basic alcohol wipe down should be good. If you're really worried, just wipe it with a damn cloth and that hit it was a tack rag. Honestly, it just has to last for a few hours, yea?

Mosh

The metal one I lettered was just like doing a truck door. Nebraska Football fan...unreal!

TammieH

I don't get it.

When we buried my dad 10 years ago, the funeral director was really nice, he started talking about people who wanted the best of everything for their loved ones, and he would politely explain to them, that basically, its a waist of $, but they don't want to hear it.

I guess some people believe the more they spend the more they are showing their love?

Grind me up and feed me to the dogs.

OldPaint

if my memeory serves me right..........i remember a few years back on LETTERVILLE, one of the "old brush guys" was given an expiration date by doctors.......so he bought his casket........and had all of his "sign painter" friends letter it...... so i would just treat it like a vehicle lettering job....if it peels in 6 months...WHO GIVES A s*****

toucan_graphics

a co-worker and I did a casket in 2008 and just wiped it with basic alcohol. metal caskets are usually powder coated and lacquered or sealed so no real risk of stripping paint or anything.