• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

crazy client aren't they all

Cadmn

got client that is looking at getting coroplast signs for permanent outdoor usage & I'm looking for data that explains how that idea is just plain crazy. My suggestion is .080 aluminum on treated 4x4 posts he's thinking coro in a metal real estate sign frame I'm trying to convince him in the error of his thinking.not sure I'm gonna be able to

heyskull

Coroplast for any permanent sign is a no go.
Coroplast is meant to be a cheap throw away means of advertisement.
This is the customer thinking of a better way of making a cheap means of advertisement last longer and ending up costing more.
The only advantages is the main frame would be stronger making the panels replaceable.
I think you may struggle with this customer and some times the customer thinks he is right so give them what they want wether it is or not.:banghead:
You will make more money this way:clapping:

SC

OldPaint

show him a piece of ALUMI-CORE..........and go find an old fallin apart CORO sign.....he will see the error of his thinking.

CentralSigns

I just ran out of coro last week had to go to town for some. They only charge 2 1/2 times what I get it for. Anyways I needed cream colored coro and the guy behind the counter says come back next week, the white sheet I throw outside today should be close to cream color by next week.

Jon Aston

I'm curious: How much would the coro sign the customer wants cost him, and how much would the aluminum sign you are recommending cost him?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
if you recommened something better and he chooses coro,

then

make it, get paid and make it again next year out of aluminum.

obviously the guy is probably going to go out of business, so grab what little money he has to offer or someone else will.

if by some stroke of luck the man stays in business, he will realize you were right and be back.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There's a lot could be said on this subject.... were it in the 'Premium' section, but since it's out here.... suffice it to say, then use ddarlak's reasoning. +3

Craig Sjoquist

+4 with Ddarlak
I get this all the time see it alot also they use banners for same ... yes it works, yes it cheap, yes if they stay in business you may get a chance to replace or upgrade.

A advertisement on low cost material is good for start ups, but successful and well managed business will upgrade.

gabagoo

I get this stuff all the time, and with some my suggestions work, with others they dont want to spend a lot so I make it for them and warn them and move on.

Heck I have a good customer right now who wants a 4 x 10 sign for a facility with 8 of their company names on it. I suggested alumapanel and they balked at the cost so they said we want something temporary until we decide what we really want.

I am putting it on 1/2" coro with no lam.

Sometimes it is better to just do what they want and move on.
I warned them and told them since I do a lot of vehicles and other signage for them by no means will I be held accountable for any part of the final job.

I think within a year or so they will put aup a lit directory board.

signgal

I use Jon and ddarlak's approach all the time... it's only x-amount more for the aluminum and this is the recommended material. I do not recommend coro for extended use... if you, as the customer decide not to take the expert's advice, so be it. you won't look bad, don't worry about it. i'm always hesitant to give some one a cheaper material if i'm not 100% certain what it will be used for but if they were up front and so were you... done deal.