• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critique My Boat Name

designali

Hello all, I'm a longtime reader that finally got up the Ka-hooney's to post my idea for my hubbys boat sign. Its going on a 25 ft parker so he wanted the colors to match the Black & red Parker logo. Also his dad passed away 2 yrs ago who always took him fishing and taught him all he knows about it. So let me know what you think.
Patty

Attachments

• Alicat2.jpg
    Alicat2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 115

designali

Logo on boat view

This is the logo on the boat. The boat is more of a white color, this shot is in the shade. Thanks for viewing and the creative criticism.

Attachments

• AlicatSide.jpg
    AlicatSide.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 82

Jillbeans

I like the name and the layout but dislike the red.
What about palm oyster grey in its place?
Or metallic silver?
Love.....Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think you need more space between Sunshine :Big Laugh Daydream.

It almost looks like it's all one word and then it doesn't.

For the most part, I think it's fine. There are some things you could do, but it's not going to make or break the overall design. :thumb:

Last edited:

cgsigns_jamie

You can't really read the black with a white and red outline...

Try White text with a black outline then your red outline

Like this:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-03-30 at 5.56.39 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-03-30 at 5.56.39 PM.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 83

HulkSmash

I think you need more space between Sunshine :Big Laugh Daydream.

It almost looks like it's all one word and then it doesn't.

For the most part, I think it's fine. There are some things you could do, but it's not going to make or break the overall design. :thumb:

this exactly.

designali

WOW! THANKS and ouch...

OK so.. make it easier to read from far away, simplify it (unclutter) , and maybe try different colors, colors not sure if I can change his color choice, so I'm re-starting with a couple simple designs. what do ya think?

Attachments

• ALicat 4.jpg
    ALicat 4.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 102
  • ALicat 3.jpg
    ALicat 3.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 105
  • ALicat 2.jpg
    ALicat 2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 92
  • Alicat1.jpg
    Alicat1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 101

ddarlak

Go Bills!
It's a disaster. It's not how a boat lettering job ought to be done. Waaaay too much stuff going on there. From any distance it will look like an unreadable blob.

+1

get some spacing

SignManiac

Your original attempt looked like a decal or attempt at a logo. "It's a boat name" and only need a good contrasting, easy to read, letter form, preferably with some character or personality.

Try doing just the name in either red or black only and the second line of text smaller and in the opposite color you go with. Here are a couple of ideas.

Attachments

• AliCat.jpg
    AliCat.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 97

Marlene

take a look at SignManiac's version in upper and lower case (the black lettering) now look at the ones you have posted. your choice of fonts don't look good letter to letter. there are strange shapes created by the the shapes of each letter so that when put all together, they don't work. the messy fonts with raggey edges or the one with the raggey thing inside the letter don't help. I do like the little fish hook with the "2".