• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Deadbeat Customer

D&Tgraphics

Ok, I have a problem. I have a customer, who is a member here, that owes me a lot of money, almost $800. I did a screen print job for them back in December. I was nice and let them pay by check instead of the usual credit card. Well, the check bounced. I talked with them right afterwards and it seemed like a simple mistake. It happens to everyone at least once. They said they would have the money to us in a week. Well time went on, and I keep trying to get in touch with them and no luck. Now the phone number doesn't even work. I have sent them numerous PM's on here and I know they have been on here and read them because I usually check the next day to see their recent activity and they are on almost every day. I have been very pleasant and haven't said anything mean in any of my messages or emails. I wish they would be big enough to at least acknowledge that they owe me and even if they give me a line of crap that would be better than totally ignoring me. I am ready to take legal action which I don't want to. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I am almost tempted to out who it is so any other MM's here don't get stuck with a deadbeat too.

Last edited by a moderator:

klemgraphics

This should be a warning to them, if they don't pay up I would out them in a heartbeat. Luckily the last time that happened to me it was an honest mistake and they were at my door with cash in hand the next morning.

WildWestDesigns

Luckily the last time that happened to me it was an honest mistake and they were at my door with cash in hand the next morning.

I have had it happen 3 times with 3 different people. It was settled very quick, no blame, no questions. It happens, it's embarrasing to them, so I don't dwell on it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Dennis.......

Try not to spill the beans and rat on them. It's nobody's business who this is other than to other Merchant Members who might be experiencing the same thing or to warn other Merchant Members of this person's activities.

I'll PM ya.

Techman

It's every one's business if some one takes advantage of the goodwill this forum.
If he don't pay then let us all know.
Nothing worse than getting ripped off and then finding out it happened to others too.

Billct2

I'm with Techman.
If this has been going on since December with no responses for months then they are asking for it. They could have offered to make payments, or if they are closing up or going bankrupt say so.

Locals Find!

I agree with Gino on this one. Its only the business of the Merchant Members. Ruining someones reputation with the community as a whole does no one any good.

D&Tgraphics

As of right now I am not going to mention any names in the open forum but if any MM wants to PM me I will let you know. Thanks for everyones comments so far. Any ideas or creative ways to get in contact with them or to get paid? :)

ucmj22

Dennis.......

Try not to spill the beans and rat on them. It's nobody's business who this is other than to other Merchant Members who might be experiencing the same thing or to warn other Merchant Members of this person's activities.

I'll PM ya.

Ah HA! Its you isnt it!

:ROFLMAO:

signage

It's a shame when someone takes advantage of someones goodwill. I know Dennis is a good guy and a nice person, who would most likely help anyone and work with anyone. After this he is most likely not going to do it again!

John Butto

Get some gindoloons from Buffalo, is not Lockport a stone's throw, to go and collect your monies from the deadbeat. Go to Woodbine horse track I always see them there. Because if he has not paid you since December you can bet you will not get it by just a phone call.

Locals Find!

Send him a polite certified letter to the last know address you have on file. Letting him know your willing to work with him regarding this issue within a certain time frame say 15 days of receipt of the letter. If he fails to contact you to make reasonable arrangements concerning this matter you will be pursuing your legal options at that point.

signage

Send him a polite certified letter to the last know address you have on file. Letting him know your willing to work with him regarding this issue within a certain time frame say 15 days of receipt of the letter. If he fails to contact you to make reasonable arrangements concerning this matter you will be pursuing your legal options at that point.

+1 on the above action!

Mosh

It sucks to say ths but even if you go to court and win, if they are broke a$$'s then you are still not going to get paid. I have several judgments for peeps that owe the Mosh. I have leans on property and cars. Most don't have jobs so garnishing wages doesn't work.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
a bounced check is fairly serious. if you still have it see if the bank will run it again. if it fails contact the local clerk of courts in their county/city and see about getting a warrant. police or sherif will serve the warrant and I imagine you will be paid very quickly.