• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design off 5... The Entries

Vote for One

Votes: 29 26.9%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 5 4.6%

Votes: 55 50.9%

Votes: 14 13.0%

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

k.a.s.

I really like #1 but #4 wins b/c of the great logo. I really think it brands the company nicely.

Kevin

R08

Same here... a tossup between #1 and #4.

#1 because it has more attention-getting pizzaz

onesource

:thumb:
Bill forgot to mention that the Sprinter has one of Dodge's Hemi engines in it, a 727 Torqueflight with a 3500 rpm stall converter and open headers.... The Av-gas fuel also provides fire for the mobile oven which helps cook the pizzas in under 8 minutes and gives a unique taste for the pizza!
I would have liked to see some wheelie bars under one of those vans in the layouts:thumb:

Think about how much promo you could get at the local dragstip when Rolling Thunder turns a 10 second quarter mile WHILE cooking a pizza!

signmeup

I find it really interesting that the best one is plain old cut vinyl. The wraps reduce the effectiveness of the message. #4 really illustrates this well because the same design with a "fancy" background is far less visually "stunning" than the "plain" version.

neato

I find it really interesting that the best one is plain old cut vinyl. The wraps reduce the effectiveness of the message. #4 really illustrates this well because the same design with a "fancy" background is far less visually "stunning" than the "plain" version.

Totally agree. That's why I'm not a fan of wraps. Too many designers use all the neat digital effects as a crutch or to compensate for bad design and layout. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some really great looking wraps. But I don't think they catch my eye any more than a nice 2 or 3 color layout either.

That being said, I need to add that Design #1 is a good example of a well executed wrap design. It uses the advantages of digital printing without going overboard with effects. Nice work.

Last edited:

Signsforwhile

I voted for number one.....but I do think that most of the entires failed to convey the message that there is actually an oven inside the van.....I know cause i read the background info...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Although #4 has a nice presentation…. I, also think #1 got the message out there the best. As far as following any rules for the game…. I don’t know if were broken by any of these contestants.

vid

Totally agree. That's why I'm not a fan of wraps. Too many designers use all the neat digital effects as a crutch or to compensate for bad design and layout. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some really great looking wraps. But I don't think they catch my eye any more than a nice 2 or 3 color layout either....

YOU ALL MISSD THE MARK...SHOULD BEEN PAINTED!!!! HOT AS THAT PIZZA WAGON IS GONNA GET VYNIL WOULD JUS MELT OFF!!!!! PAINT IS THEONLY THING THAT"LL LATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I voted for number one.....but I do think that most of the entires failed to convey the message that there is actually an oven inside the van.....I know cause i read the background info...

DONT NEED NO OVEN TO COOK PIZZA......... WELDDING RODS WILL DOIT. JUS SPARK A COUPLE A RODS NEST TO THAT PIZZA AND PRESTO,, ITS FLASHBAKED))))))))))))))))))))))))))) JUS NEED TO TELL PEOPLE THE PIZZA IS HERE AND NOPW.

SHOULDA DONE IT LIK THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))))))))))))))))))))

Attachments

• 101Pizza.jpg
    101Pizza.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 263

njsigns

I'm voting for post #33!!!!!!!

I haven't laughed that hard since... Hell I don't even know, but it's been a long time! I've been laughing here like a little school girl, for 20 at least minutes now!

vid wins!

Flash baked! Welding rods! lol - literally!!!!!!))))))))))))

Gene