• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do face masks work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacey K

I like making signs
In the beginning everyone was good about wearing masks and it still spread like wildfire so I'm not convinced masks do anything.

I think based on that video masks are good for sneezing and coughing. Most people have been sneezing and coughing into their elbow or hand since their mothers taught them to at age 1 so I'm still not convinced these masks do anything.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Yes, masks work , if you wer
The virus particulates are 50 times smaller than the openings in a cloth or standard face mask. It's equivalent to expecting a chain-link fence to keep mosquitos out of your home. This was the advice given by the Obama administration during the H1-N1 outbreak. Maybe virus particles have grown larger since then.

I guess if they make you feel safer then, by all means, wear one (or two or three). Maybe you should throw on a diaper too before you leave the house. You know, just in case.

Curious to see how quickly the thought police remove this response.

Sorry to disappoint.... signs101 is not part of the fake news, pharm paid for the propaganda machine, I follow the science..... Masks do not work and neither does the "vaccine". Natural immunity is the answer... and therapeutics.

Attachments

• istockphoto-827583126-170667a.jpg
    istockphoto-827583126-170667a.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 71

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
Apparently the Stealth variant is only shielded by an N95, so our company of 3,500 has dropped its mask mandate aside from locations where local governments require them.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
From the manufacture for N95 masks-
Biological Particles This respirator can help reduce inhalation exposures to certain airborne biological particles (e.g. mold, Bacillus anthracis, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, etc.) but cannot eliminate the risk of contracting infection, illness or disease. OSHA and other government agencies have not established safe exposure limits for these contaminants.

This is a comparison of Covid 19 size to other harmful and dangerous substances.
Pollen spores are 30 microns
Asbestos fibers are 5 microns
Mold spores are 3 microns
Airborne Lead particles are 0.2 microns

Covid 19 is 0.1 micron

Asuma01

The virus particulates are 50 times smaller than the openings in a cloth or standard face mask. It's equivalent to expecting a chain-link fence to keep mosquitos out of your home. This was the advice given by the Obama administration during the H1-N1 outbreak. Maybe virus particles have grown larger since then.

I guess if they make you feel safer then, by all means, wear one (or two or three). Maybe you should throw on a diaper too before you leave the house. You know, just in case.

Curious to see how quickly the thought police remove this response.
Hey moron. No one breaths out the virus in a pure form. The virus attaches to your mucus, vapor, spit, moisture ect. When the virus is attached to moisture then the mask filters it because a water molecule IS large enough to be filtered. You would know that if you weren't fucking stupid.

Last edited:

netsol

The amount of stupidity and disinformation in the thread is straight up retarded.
i think you mis-typed
you mentioned the stupidity and disinformation in the thread
you mean in the COUNTRY, i assume.

spell check or grammer check doesn't catch that sort of thing

Stacey K

I like making signs
I've watched the Milgram Experiment a few times in the last couple years, it's definitely worth watching. Someone should try performing it these days and see if the results are similar.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
The amount of stupidity and disinformation in this thread is straight up retarded.

So you are not a fan of free-speech and opposing views... remember when....

Vaccinations would stop the spread.....

or when god Fauch said " no reason to wear masks"

how about the "vaccinated can't spread it..."

Hey moron. No one breaths out the virus in a pure form. The virus attaches to your mucus, vapor, spit, moisture ect. When the virus is attached to moisture then the mask filters it because a water molecule IS large enough to be filtered. You would know that if you weren't ****ing stupid.

UH... then why is Covid still spreading when most people are wearing masks even while driving alone?

Refer to post #45

and Let's go, Brandon!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
This just in...... Holding your breath keeps covid away. He also said doing so makes it impossible to get covid.

May I suggest that you get a hobby? Maybe fishing, watch a little wheel of fortune? Covids getting a bit passe. It was a good past time though, I'll agree. Going home from work and digging up some nonsense and sharing it with people you don't know on the internet because your friends, if you actually even have any, don't want to hear it. I've been there, no judgement here.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
UH... then why is Covid still spreading when most people are wearing masks even while driving alone?
Maybe because not everyone wears a mask. And those who do, don't all the time. And it's still a novel virus. And it mutates. And and and.... You are not an expert on infectious diseases, and you really shouldn't set rules for your forum that you break in the same breath.

binki

I want to go back to my original thought here. Face coverings are mandated in Calfornia for events like this. I had to wear one at a cheer competition last week for my granddaughter at a much smaller venue.

Those that impose those mandates and don't follow it and make all kinds of excuses or outright attack those that question why. That is my only point. If face coverings work, then wear them all the time. Otherwise why would anyone else think they need to when they see 70,000 people at the stadium with most of them not wearing them. Over the last year the staduim has hosted well over 1.2 million people for games and events and not one outbreak of covid has been traced back to those events.

The game on the 13th in Inglewood will be interesting as the current face covering mandate is in effect until the 15th and Los Angeles County is more strict than the state. To complicate things the mayor of Inglewood (Where the stadium is) in so many words said masks are not madatory while the county supervisor of that area, at the same press conference, said they are (she interrupted him to counter his statement). The county health officer wouldn't answer any questions about this situation. I don't know why the mayor of Los Angeles was there (the staduim in not in his city) he said holding his breath with a mask off prevents covid transmission.

Just an observer here. A week from Sunday should be exciting.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I want to go back to my original thought here. Face coverings are mandated in Calfornia for events like this. I had to wear one at a cheer competition last week for my granddaughter at a much smaller venue.

Those that impose those mandates and don't follow it and make all kinds of excuses or outright attack those that question why. That is my only point. If face coverings work, then wear them all the time. Otherwise why would anyone else think they need to when they see 70,000 people at the stadium with most of them not wearing them. Over the last year the staduim has hosted well over 1.2 million people for games and events and not one outbreak of covid has been traced back to those events.

The game on the 13th in Inglewood will be interesting as the current face covering mandate is in effect until the 15th and Los Angeles County is more strict than the state. To complicate things the mayor of Inglewood (Where the stadium is) in so many words said masks are not madatory while the county supervisor of that area, at the same press conference, said they are (she interrupted him to counter his statement). The county health officer wouldn't answer any questions about this situation. I don't know why the mayor of Los Angeles was there (the staduim in not in his city) he said holding his breath with a mask off prevents covid transmission.

Just an observer here. A week from Sunday should be exciting.
I get it but honestly, why does it matter to you? Why worry about what everyone else is doing?
When you're driving down the interstate 5-10 over the speed limit and some guy goes flying past you do you whine about it to anyone who will listen, speed up in anger, tell the cop if you get pulled over that someone else was going faster and it's not fair or do you just keep on trucking without worrying about it? Like I tell my kids, mind your business and your life will be easy.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This thread was doomed from the start....... and it's just gotten worse with all the stupidness interjected.

I've come to the conclusion, nobody on this forum has much to say with any authority of what they are saying. No one uses facts, but then how could you, when most of the facts are covered up and silenced ?? No news you hear anymore is all that true. It's all rubbish. Ya can't believe anything, because it's all jaded. This thread is just plain dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.