• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Extreme Makeover - The Contest!

bluttr

bluttr ... I removed your design from your post. Designs are to be submitted as attachments to fred@signs101.com. You are welcome to repost it but it will not be considered a valid entry if you do. This is a blind contest. Entries will be posted without anyone but me knowing whose design is whose.

DO NOT POST YOUR ENTRIES TO THIS THREAD.

Sorry about that Fred.

Although, it wasn't really an entry, just a cute little reply!! :) Maybe I should have submitted it!

:Oops:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Sorry about that Fred.

Although, it wasn't really an entry, just a cute little reply!! :) Maybe I should have submitted it!

:Oops:

No problem. I just don't want others to get confused. Besides, you might surprise yourself and win something.

Marlene

My problem is the price. I'm coming up with a ballpark price of $1,119.00 based on three colors of vinyl on .5" alumalite, re-using the existing poles and re-painting them. I guess he can't afford me.

Checkers

At least I'm not the only one that figured that Marlene! I could do it using "economy" materials and let him install it, but it appears that installation is included as part of the "rules".
Anyway, this is what makes the challenge interesting.

Checkers

gROUND cHUCK

The finished sign includes installation in the same position as the existing

Would I need to add flight costs and shipping charges or just put
the average price of what I normally charge for this type of install?

iSign

My problem is the price. I'm coming up with a ballpark price of $1,119.00 based on three colors of vinyl on .5" alumalite, re-using the existing poles and re-painting them. I guess he can't afford me.

come on folks... just have some fun.
If you can pretend Jim even wants a new sign (which he doesn't) ...can't you pretend you are some PA noob that he can afford???

We all get clients with a budget... some have champaign taste & we can kick those to the curb... very rarely is one imposing almost NO restrictions at all, like in this scenario... and NEVER is there no design restrictions PLUS a chance to win something!!

If you can't build a new sign for that price even in an imaginary world... then repaint & reuse the old one! (just do it better then Gino. He has set the bar :rolleyes: )

Jillbeans

....in this area Fred's budget was pretty generous...
Love....Jill
PS
Hey Fred when we submit the designs must we post a budget?
I didn't.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
come on folks... just have some fun.
If you can pretend Jim even wants a new sign (which he doesn't) ...can't you pretend you are some PA noob that he can afford???

We all get clients with a budget... some have champaign taste & we can kick those to the curb... very rarely is one imposing almost NO restrictions at all, like in this scenario... and NEVER is there no design restrictions PLUS a chance to win something!!

If you can't build a new sign for that price even in an imaginary world... then repaint & reuse the old one! (just do it better then Gino. He has set the bar :rolleyes: )

I'm pretending I am related to Jim by marriage from some distant cousin on my wifes side, my very hot wife begged me to take the job with promises of some marital generosity....I am also an overly enthusiastic newbie with a new plotter and lots of construction experience and tools who underprices it and looses is pants on the job because he needs to fill up hs portfolio. That way I stay under budget, I'm very motivated and get to have a little more room for designing it.

weaselboogie

I'm pretending I am related to Jim by marriage from some distant cousin on my wifes side, my very hot wife begged me to take the job with promises of some marital generosity....I am also an overly enthusiastic newbie with a new plotter and lots of construction experience and tools who underprices it and looses is pants on the job because he needs to fill up hs portfolio. That way I stay under budget, I'm very motivated and get to have a little more room for designing it.

Well, that's no fair. Of course jim will choose yours.
I'll pretend that I'm Jim's son who has likes to redraw metal band cover albums very poorly who had planned on trying out art school but went out one weekend after a truck rally and knocked up the local barfly. I sold my rusted camaro in the front yard for $300 and bought a used foreign plotter off of ebay in hopes of getting into doing decals for race cars. Jim is very proud that I can redraw that pirate (to a T) that is in that magazine for that art school that would accept me. I bought my vinyl off of ebay also and can do the sign for $40......installed

mladams7259

I'll pretend that I'm Jim's son who has likes to redraw metal band cover albums very poorly who had planned on trying out art school but went out one weekend after a truck rally and knocked up the local barfly. I sold my rusted camaro in the front yard for $300 and bought a used foreign plotter off of ebay in hopes of getting into doing decals for race cars. Jim is very proud that I can redraw that pirate (to a T) that is in that magazine for that art school that would accept me. I bought my vinyl off of ebay also and can do the sign for $40......installed

I can draw the parrot in the magazine!!! LOL!!!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
bluemeaniefish.gif

This is starting to get way too complicated class. In the final analysis, the entire student body will be the judge (with their votes) as to who stayed withing Jim's budget and who did not.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer

...did I mention my wife was very hot...I forgot to mention she goes with me on installs and Jim likes the small/tight company T-shirt I have supplied her with and the old Hooters shorts that she still wears. Every time the job is finished she gets all excited and jumps up and down like a giddy "The Price is Right" contestant when Bob Barker calls someone down.... everytime this happens Jim throws money at her.....(I'm thinking that is my tip for a job well done) So I will be 40 bucks installed as well and 955.00 bucks in tips...more if a crowd gathers around)

weaselboogie

...did I mention my wife was very hot...I forgot to mention she goes with me on installs and Jim likes the small/tight company T-shirt I have supplied her with and the old Hooters shorts that she still wears. Every time the job is finishes she gets all excited and jumps up and down like a giddy "The Price is Right" contestant when Bob Barker calls someone down.... everytime this happens Jims throws money at her.....(I'm thinking that is my tip for a job well done) So I will be 40 bucks installed as well and 955.00 bucks in tips...more if a crowd gathers around)

Even blood can't compete with a bit of T&A.

"but dad, you said that I could..."

"yeah, um maybe you could make me some store hours. now won't you go to the store and pick me up a pack of smokes...", jim says dismissing me as he adjusts his "emporium" and continues to stare at Rick's hot wife.