• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fun little "Gift" project

SignosaurusRex

Custom Whiskey bottle labels & Display box.

Here's a project just finished as a gift for a very dear friend...... Uncle Jim.
He is sometimes known as and called "The Trail Boss" and he certainly enjoys a shot of his favorite whiskey now and then.
All the design work was done in Flexi except for some of the label photo work done in PhotoShop. All of the fonts are from A&S SIGN FONTS....Ace, Ace Bold, Ace High, Stockyard, Tuscano Script, and a soon to be released Cardiak. The fonts on the box are Modesto Condensed and LHF Fancy Full Spurs (Sorry Steve, I had to mix it up a bit). :wink: Despite using so many fonts, I think they all work together very well. The back label incorporates most of the main ranch sign design. The photo is a picture of Uncle Jim, supplied (along with PhotoShop touches) by Jamie Walters / CJ Creative...out of Edgar Montana (Thanks Jamie! :thumb:). The printing was done on a Mutoh VJ1204 using Arlon DPF6000X cast media. The box is made of cedar, burnt with a torch, buffed with steel wool and cleared with spray lacquer. The lettering, brand and stars were stenciled with Japan colors (French Yellow Ocher & Solid Covering Lamp Black) and scuffed before the lacquer was applied.

Attachments

• TBoss1.jpg
    TBoss1.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 79
  • TBoss2.jpg
    TBoss2.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 58
  • TBoss3.jpg
    TBoss3.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 52
  • TBoss4.jpg
    TBoss4.jpg
    495.1 KB · Views: 65
  • TBossLabels.jpg
    TBossLabels.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

njsigns

That looks great Rex! Uncle Jim's lucky to have a friend like you - very impressive stuff there!

:cool1:

Gene

Hicalibersigns

Being one that also enjoys a dram now and again I can't tell you how much I would love to receive something like that!

Very Cool!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Nice work.
I'm not sure which I like better, the bottle or the box - both are great.

wayne k
guam usa

John L

Really very cool! I have a customer that is also a friend. He is very wealthy and can buy himself nearly anything he wants. I am always looking for gift ideas for this guy and this is a fantastic concept. In your example, what is the actual brand of spirits you used?

SignosaurusRex

Really very cool! I have a customer that is also a friend. He is very wealthy and can buy himself nearly anything he wants. I am always looking for gift ideas for this guy and this is a fantastic concept. In your example, what is the actual brand of spirits you used?

That would be a "Black Velvet Reserve" bottle

Air Art Girl

Looks great Brian. You should of had me laser in some of the lettering when you were by the other day, that would have been cool too.

SignosaurusRex

Looks great Brian. You should of had me laser in some of the lettering when you were by the other day, that would have been cool too.

Love that Idea. You Know AAG........:rolleyes: I just may take you up on that! I could cut glass for the box face and have you Laser it. I'm also looking for the perfect antique cork top pint whiskey bottle. That would be real sweet laser engraved for the simplified "sock bottle" version I'm working on! :clapping: