• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Golf Tournament Sign

Marlene

let us know if you get any responses from this as it would be interesting to know. we do a lot of these things and for the most part, no one really pays much attention unless it's their hole and sign. maybe the trick is to have contact cards right there with the sign.

SignManiac

I've NEVER paid attention to a hole sponsor sign and I'm willing to bet 95% of the golfers in the tournament don't either. They're useless advertising. That sign, however, is gonna look damn impressive and impossible to miss. People will feel almost obligated to at least grab a card. Great job.

Contrary to Pat, I ALWAYS look at hole sponsor signs for golf tournaments and then proceed to puke at each hole. They're so bad I drink myself into a stupor so I don't ruin my eyes and destroy my short game after looking at them.

I'd welcome seeing a nice sign such as yours but something tells me you won't be setting any new trends in golf tournament design standards :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I've always kinda felt the same way about most signs. People don't read them or they wouldn't ask so many stupid questions.

Anyway.... you might've single-handedly created a new trend in signs for golf course signs. With your permission, I might just copy the idea and suggest this to our customers that come in here and ask them if they want to stay five steps ahead of the pack with a monumental sign.

Great idea !! :thumb:

thewood

I've NEVER paid attention to a hole sponsor sign and I'm willing to bet 95% of the golfers in the tournament don't either.

Funny. It could just be because I'm in the business, but I always check out the hole sponsor signs--sometimes thoroughly to see what kind of materials were used, etc. My playing partners always give me a hard time about it.

Chad.

I've always kinda felt the same way about most signs. People don't read them or they wouldn't ask so many stupid questions.

Anyway.... you might've single-handedly created a new trend in signs for golf course signs. With your permission, I might just copy the idea and suggest this to our customers that come in here and ask them if they want to stay five steps ahead of the pack with a monumental sign.

Great idea !! :thumb:

Knock yourself out ... im game for anything that can make us money ... i just wouldn't know what to charge. It took 3 4x8 coroplast sheets, 48 square feet of printing ... 12 business card holders ... and "custom" hinges made by scoring one side of the coroplast and attaching with banner hem tape.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. Only thing i will do different on the next one, is make a slot to "leave a business card" and put a compartment on the back of the slot to catch the cards.

mikefine

Here is a perspective you may wish to consider...

What about the organization that donated $10,000 to the cause or organization (gold member) and gets an 18" x 24" sign? How will they feel when they compare that to the sign shop that donated $200.00 for a hole and put up a billboard. Also, how is the organization sponsoring the event going to feel and react to that, and the fact that your sign is better
than the signage for the event.

Golf outing signs are simple, small, and subtle for a reason.
Typically these functions are for the purpose of raising money, not
to provide commercial opportunities for the participants. I realize
there are giveaways and signage and things...but generally it is low key stuff.

I hate to rain on the golf outing parade, but my reaction is you may agitate a lot of people with this and create the opposite response
you are looking for.

SignManiac

I doubt that, just maybe he will raise awareness about good design. There's no good excuse for lousy design as far as I'm concerned.

Chad.

Here is a perspective you may wish to consider...

What about the organization that donated $10,000 to the cause or organization (gold member) and gets an 18" x 24" sign? How will they feel when they compare that to the sign shop that donated $200.00 for a hole and put up a billboard. Also, how is the organization sponsoring the event going to feel and react to that, and the fact that your sign is better
than the signage for the event.

Golf outing signs are simple, small, and subtle for a reason.
Typically these functions are for the purpose of raising money, not
to provide commercial opportunities for the participants. I realize
there are giveaways and signage and things...but generally it is low key stuff.

I hate to rain on the golf outing parade, but my reaction is you may agitate a lot of people with this and create the opposite response
you are looking for.

This outing of for a political candidate ... there are no rules, or regulations when it comes what you can do with the hole you sponsored. We can hold a contest, give away a car, have dancing girls ... whatever. Fact of the matter is we paid our dues on top of taking care of his campaign, and we intend to represent ourselves in a manner that far exceeds 3sqft sign. WE ARE NOT MAKING THE SPONSORSHIP SIGNS FOR THE OTHER HOLES, so if they have a problem, they can take it up with the Pack & Ship store supplying them.

Just because you are willing to settle for 1 color sign to represent your business, does not mean we are.

We are also giving away Aluminum Water Bottles that contain our logo, contact info, and a small laundry list of services we offer to all 100 people attending, i suppose we should have given away paper cups instead because we are not the title sponsor. :rolleyes: