• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Good source for large work tables?

johnnysigns

Do you have a budget in mind? There's some really nice high end steel tables that I see on Instagram, but they're definitely spendy.

rjssigns

The ones posted above look nice but I am cheap so I made all my own tables and desk. When you are making tables 8's long and the lumber is 8' long there's really not a lot of cutting, you can make one pretty quickly. My son and I built 3 - 8'x4' tables in a couple hours.
Omigosh how did you ever manage?! Two whole hours? Ohhh noooooo!!!! Are you okay after the ordeal? I'm cringing thinking about the horrors you and your son endured. You are a rock.:D

OP exact words: "I do not have time to make anything"

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
LMAO!!! Let me tell you, it was VERY difficult, it cut into cocktail hour! :roflmao:
So I'm just trying to get a visual of your work table / bench. I see you're a little heavy on the solvents, but hey....that's ok. It looks like there's still room for one roll of vinyl under there.

JB
3154814682_1346703499.jpg

Last edited:

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
Anyone near midadlantic, sketch out a bench design, order some cut to size 6x2" to make up the frame, some 8x4 sheets of MDF, a couple of drill bits, some lag bolts, some locking castors, and get them delivered. Might as well chuck in a drill driver, some clamps and a speed square. Send over the invoice, with designs to follow on payment.

Assembly'll take a couple of hours, as it does with almost any bench (you know, time to research, find, order, receive, unpack, sort out the bits, bolt together, square up...)

Alamo

I use uline packing tables,

Very solid and will last a lifetime

I have some set up next to each other to make something like a 16ft x 8ft size table
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

Billct2

I just looked at those, looks like they only come up to 3x8, and $575 (plus shipping probably) with no wheels. Our tables are 4x8 or 5x8. That bottom shelf is kinda useless. We put full size shelves under ours.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
The Rhino tables are good quality and inexpensive (and adjustable for the best working height). I build my own from 2x4 lumber and .75" MDO (I use .25" plate glass on mine, but cutting-mat material or a sacrificial hardboard top can work, depending on your needs and workflow). You could probably find someone to build the tables for you for less than the Rhino tables cost, but not by much!

newparade

I have a 4'x6' Bora folded up in the back of my cab in my pickup truck. I use it all the time on job sites.
They do a 4x8 as well. That and a sheet of good plywood would be fast and easy to take down or move.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk