• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Belgium...

djeeke

a quick intro ....

hmm, where do I start :banghead:

Well I guess that is really what I'm looking at... Where do I start ?
So enlisting on a forum with :supersmilie: experts seemed like a good idea :wink:

I have about zero experience...
I do have access to an old but very lightly used Roland Colorcamm pc60...
(probably not the best machine around but it works so it would be stupid not to use it and have the first profits fund other printer/cutter/software/tools)

I guess after a whole bunch of reading here I will have some silly questions or maybe even sensible ones :cool1:

So for the ones that aren't :Sleeping: already with my boring 'Hi I'm a newbie and I want to run a signbusiness' post : Cheers :toasting: and read you soon :thankyou:

Djeeke

djeeke

I had some reading here and must admit I am impressed with the help you guys are giving to others !!! :clapping:

It looks like I will have lots and lots to read and learn !!! :iamwithstupid

hmm thinking of it... One of my first questions might just be about an original business name to use.. You all must have punished your brains some day when starting up your business... And these days one must also take into account domainnames to register a website... I guess I will :frustrated: for a while or just :covereyes: and go with anything :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, I guess a little brainstorm could be an idea... I guess I need to incorporate something shiny or bright as we expect to be doing some lighted signs and obviously mention we're a sign business... Mentioning the location in our country is no requirement, our country is not big enough for that to be of big any real importance.

Craig Sjoquist

welcome to a outstanding forum and people.

Look at Rolands site believe the colorcam pnc60 was made in 1995 about is discontinued and cost of color would be huge compared to todays machines.....BUT you have a great cutter had one when I upgrade my PC it no longer worked ..scraped.

djeeke

Hi Craig !

Thanks about the feedback on the PC60 ...
:Oops: I hope the PC keeps running... It's on an old Dell desktop.
I'm now using a laptop and could not put it on there, no parallel port... And this PC-60 has no USB ... Laptop is on Linux anyway and I don't think I could get that to talk to the PC-60...

What I understand from what I have read about the PC60 :

As a printer they are very, very sensible to proper care as the printhead seems very sensitive to dust and is very expensive.
Printing will be a lot more expensive with the ribbon cartridges. But supposedly there is no need for lamination ???
As a cutter I indeed expect it do do a great job, slower than the pure and newer cutters but as I said this machine could get me started and provide funds for more recent up to date equipment and software !

For now it's studying the possibilities and playing with the machine and some vinyl...
From there maybe a few free jobs for some friends & after that it will be the 'real' thing and hunt for paying customers...:covereyes:

Last edited: