• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hello from Holland

Wim U

I found this site with google. Maybe it is not so nice to start with a problem, but I hope someone can help me. I have an old but not very much used Encad Novajet Pro 36. Because it is not used for some time the drive belt broke. It is difficult to buy one here and I don't want to spend too much money because I don't know what I find next. Can anyone give me advise?

Greeting from Holland
Wim U

Jim Doggett

That's a tough one. NovaJet is going back many years (decade or more) which is a lifetime in wide format printing. Maybe search for a used one and grab the parts from it. You should be able to buy one cheaply, if you can find one.

Somewhere in Europe one must be for sale. Good luck. And Welcome to Signs 101!

Wim U

Ok good adress. Now I have an other problem. I removed the old belt and now I have no action when I try to load paper. Is that because he is missing the belt?

Craig Sjoquist

Welcome to a outstanding forum and people.

I once bought a Roland PNC5000 color cam at the time about 8 years old spent a few hundred to make right, well it worked but it was so outdated newer printers printed about 70 times cheaper, so I thought well it's a good cutter, till I bought a newer PC, then I scraped it few years later when the dust was too heavy lol gees now the plotter I bought was cheaper then what I paid for the old Roland.

Maybe there is a lesson in that.

Wim U

Old encad Novajet

There must be someone here that can help me, please. My question: When you remove the drive belt are the load for- and backward functions for the media does not work till you put in a new belt? Or is there something else that does that?

Please, please help me!!!

Sorry for my bad English. You should try writing in Dutch!!

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Some things get better with age....

I am also old.
I am glad my wife did not read your advise Craig.
Welcome from OK USA

I'll have to agree with the expense side of using outdated equipment. You are much better off scrapping it and getting a new faster and better quality producing machine.

If your budget don't allow for that then you need to think about getting someone else to do your printing until you get a good feel for your market. Producing poor quality prints with outdated equipment will result in a poor reputation.

Wim U

I know everybody means wel, but I got this machine for free. It always worked well till it was put in the corner. Only the belt seems to be out of order. So thank you all for your wise advise but I just wanted an answer to my question.

And I also love to repair things.

I also have a Canon BJC 5500 A2 size, that is older than the encad and it prints almost every day with a CIS system. Slow but perfect.

Wim U

For your information: I am an artist and not commercial in the way most of you are working. I make and sell creations that I make with my own photographs after working them in a composition in Photoshop. I also sell reproductions of my own made airbrush art in small signed numbers next to the originals. I am 58 years old and must stop slowly with my work as pressphotographer. A freelance job I did for 20 years. Now that I became a grandfather ( just last week) I want to work mostly at home.