• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Here's an absolute new one for me, after 51 years.............................................

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I already locked the front door and closed the inner door. I'll tape the money out there around 12:30. He sent me another text..... well about 15 texts this morning, about no hard feelings, just he felt he didn't get what he wanted. I already saw the new design. Basically what I'd drawn up, but they added all kindsa stupid bullsh!t to it. Now it looks like a little kiddie's tonka truck.
thats a customer whos bad news for EVERY SHOP owner

Stacey K

I like making signs
WOW...that is insane. If I was the next guy and he came in with that story, I would run for the hills! I agree with the other poster...even at 1/8" I would be shocked if anyone noticed, unless they measured.

Was this a personal vehicle design or a business vehicle?

Johnny Best

Had an MG MGB Roadster in 1980, and sold it to a guy who was all excited to get it. Called me an hour later and wanted his money back. Sorry, all sales final!. You got a live one Gino.
When we go fishing and catch a large Cobia, we beat it over the head because they get freaking nuts and flopping and flipping everywhere on the deck of the boat like your customer. One good wack on the head and into the ice cooler.

Scotchbrite

No comment
We had a customer come back for a removal in a situation similar to this. He loved it when he picked it up, but then came back the next day with complaints and we ended up removing it. The issues he didn't like were things that couldn't be avoided.

I learned sometime later from a guy that worked with him it was all a result of his coworkers. Apparently they knew they could push this guy's buttons by finding any little flaw with his truck and making a huge deal about it. So they had pointed out some things to him and made a big deal out of it. He got wound up about it and then came back to us. It was all because his coworkers liked to get him worked up because it was so easy.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Please tell me you kept the tip? I mean it's not on paper, so who's he gonna cry to?

Sounds like a real nutjob. Tipping huge one minute then crying the next.

Scotchbrite

No comment
I've often wondered how a lawsuit would really go in a situation like this. I can't help but think the customer would lose. Unfortunately you'd be out a lot of time and money to defend it. Unless you got damages if you won the case.

Stacey K

I like making signs
No, I'm not keeping the tip. Not at all. I want no part of the likes of someone of his nature. I do not wanna be party to those people. I believe he goes by patriot something or other..................... :doh:
1647535714401.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, this is what I gave him and this is his new proposal on the bottom. Looks like a kid's tonka toy. That grass is so stupid. That's outta like the 80s. No one does that anymore...... anyway, no one with credibility. When I was working on it, he said he didn't want anything on the bed at all.

new and old.jpg

Scotchbrite

No comment
Is yours what I call "cut-vinyl"? The new one looks like it's all printed. Our shop is old school, so your layout is what we'd go for too. Looks a lot cleaner.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
The "new" one has to me a mockup - the graphics Gino did were just removed this morning.

Taryn

I don't know what's going on, but Gino's design looks much nicer -- who would put services spread out like the second layout?