• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Here's an absolute new one for me, after 51 years.............................................

netsol

WOW
I think he just wants something free. Or he is just bat **** crazy.
bat**** crazy it is

gino did the right thing, give the crazy b***ard his money back. it keeps you from having to defend yourself & make your poor lawyer work too hard
No, I'm not keeping the tip. Not at all. I want no part of the likes of someone of his nature. I do not wanna be party to those people. I believe he goes by patriot something or other..................... :doh:
Yes, give him back every penny. You'll never see him again & you can't buy satisfaction like that at any price!

Lance

"About 20 minutes later, he called me and said something was crooked."

Crooked to what ?
Where was the 'level' measured from for that line of copy, the ground or a body line on the vehicle ?
Was it really only 1/64th ?
Maybe his friend told him of a better deal somewhere else and he just wanted to get his money back so he could get the cheaper job done.
Nothing explains paying cash and a hefty tip as well, on completion of the job.
Do you ask for a 'job satisfaction clearance signature' when a job is done ?
Does anyone "?

The services offered on the ute tub look ridiculous and a total waste of space and material.
I wonder if a local trade school is doing it as a freebie......for student experience.

Last edited:

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
"About 20 minutes later, he called me and said something was crooked."
Do you ask for a 'job satisfaction clearance signature' when a job is done ?
Does anyone "?
You think that would have changed things? The guy would say welp, I signed it, guess I'm stuck now.

hobbymad

I prefer the new design, the first one is simple and to the point but the second one has that something extra. Neither are crooked though.

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
Their are a greater number of crazy people out there since Covid started!
Maybe you wrap shops should offer the prints to be installed by customer for around $2 a square foot less?
You would see a serious rise in business in reprints!!
Lol

Stacey K

I like making signs
They guy has to be lying - I find it really hard to believe after 51 years you couldn’t apply the graphics straight on this truck. Easy! And your cut vinyl looks way better. I also am a big fan of that lime or apple green you used, looks so much cleaner! Guys is an idiot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ldireprophil

Guy came in last week, we designed his new truck layout and he really liked it. He brought it in yesterday and we did it. When it came time to pay me, he paid me and even gave me a tip. An extra $200. He loved it that much. He couldn't stop raving about it.

About 20 minutes later, he called me and said something was crooked. I said alright, bring it in tomorrow and we'll fix it right up. He said, I'm still here, come out and look at it. I went out and the thing he was complaining about was off by maybe 1/64th of an inch. I said, that's really an acceptable amount, but I'll fix it for you, tomorrow. Then, he showed me the other side and said the same line of copy was off on that side, also. I said, we'll replace them both. Then, he started repeating himself and going round & round and finally said, what.... are you f*uckin' blind that you can't see this stuff when you do it ?? You shouldn't be making signs. You're terrible. That's when I walked away. Things got loud as he started yelling all kindsa sh!t at me. I said no one talks to me like that and just went in the shop and closed the overhead door. All night long, he texted me, from 7 til about 10:30, complaining and telling me how bad I was and he's gonna ruin me and he knows a lotta people and he..... he...... he........ He's gonna sue me, take me to court and all kindsa other sh!t. I told him to remove the graphics and I'll gladly refund his money. Now comes the question part........... He wants me to remove the graphics and still refund his money. He said I did the job, it's my responsibility to remove it. I just said again, have the graphics removed and I'll refund your money. I don't wanna ever see that truck in my shop ever again, nor do I wanna see you. We are finished. Thank you.

So, should I be responsible for removing what we did ?? If I remove what I did, I'm breaking my own contract of putting on what he asked for..... even if he thinks it's crooked.

Later he texted me that I used all different colors and was not consistent. He sent me a photograph. It was in the shadows and the dumb jerk, didn't realize it. I mentioned to him that the color of his truck was also different colors because of the same shadows.

Either on drugs or needs to change his meds to a better dosage. :help

......................................There's a lot more in this story, but I didn't wanna bog an early morning read up for you guys and gals.

Gino
I'd tell him to go fuck himself. Period.

caribmike

Retired with a Side Hustle
Guy came in last week, we designed his new truck layout and he really liked it. He brought it in yesterday and we did it. When it came time to pay me, he paid me and even gave me a tip. An extra $200. He loved it that much. He couldn't stop raving about it.

About 20 minutes later, he called me and said something was crooked. I said alright, bring it in tomorrow and we'll fix it right up. He said, I'm still here, come out and look at it. I went out and the thing he was complaining about was off by maybe 1/64th of an inch. I said, that's really an acceptable amount, but I'll fix it for you, tomorrow. Then, he showed me the other side and said the same line of copy was off on that side, also. I said, we'll replace them both. Then, he started repeating himself and going round & round and finally said, what.... are you f*uckin' blind that you can't see this stuff when you do it ?? You shouldn't be making signs. You're terrible. That's when I walked away. Things got loud as he started yelling all kindsa sh!t at me. I said no one talks to me like that and just went in the shop and closed the overhead door. All night long, he texted me, from 7 til about 10:30, complaining and telling me how bad I was and he's gonna ruin me and he knows a lotta people and he..... he...... he........ He's gonna sue me, take me to court and all kindsa other sh!t. I told him to remove the graphics and I'll gladly refund his money. Now comes the question part........... He wants me to remove the graphics and still refund his money. He said I did the job, it's my responsibility to remove it. I just said again, have the graphics removed and I'll refund your money. I don't wanna ever see that truck in my shop ever again, nor do I wanna see you. We are finished. Thank you.

So, should I be responsible for removing what we did ?? If I remove what I did, I'm breaking my own contract of putting on what he asked for..... even if he thinks it's crooked.

Later he texted me that I used all different colors and was not consistent. He sent me a photograph. It was in the shadows and the dumb jerk, didn't realize it. I mentioned to him that the color of his truck was also different colors because of the same shadows.

Either on drugs or needs to change his meds to a better dosage. :help

......................................There's a lot more in this story, but I didn't wanna bog an early morning read up for you guys and gals.

Gino
Personally, I'd do absolutely nothing for him and send him on his way, with no refund either. You should tweak your contract a bit with a clause that specifies what is considered "crooked" to prevent this from happening again.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is yours what I call "cut-vinyl"? The new one looks like it's all printed. Our shop is old school, so your layout is what we'd go for too. Looks a lot cleaner.
Yes. Some refer to it as cut vinyl, but we call it die-cut vinyl. It was introduced to the industry as die-cut vinyl with the early gerber plotters when they came on the scene.

Yeah, I know..... still can't see straight, but I never considered that small amount on a truck to be of any problem, except to someone like this guy.

As for giving him his money back, tip back or keeping it and dealing with a nutjob...... it is much easier to part ways early on. This guy had sent up red flags all over the place, but like mentioned, I kinda ignored them. However, once he started insulting me and calling me names and then lying about things slanting and colors not matching, I knew it was time to just end it. Mama didn't raise no fool. As of 1 o'clock yesterday, it was completely over, except for the fun I've been having in this thread. Out of 50 some posts here, talking with with others here and friends of mine, only ONE person liked the new layout better. More power to ya, but to me, it looks ameturist, childish and in poor use of elements and their placement.

Also, when he dropped the truck off in the morning, he made an offer to cut my grass and I told him we'd discuss it later. Sure glad I didn't tell him where I live...................

Stacey K

I like making signs
Well, I just don't believe they were not straight. He's crazy. A guy with your experience could probably apply them on this truck with your eyes closed.

You should have him cut your grass then find 3 blades that he missed and refuse to pay for it.

Johnny Best

I was thinking this morning of all the time Gino has spent with this guy. "Time is money" as my mother use to say.
I would have told the guy he got a bad deal, live with it, and with his attitude it won't be his last.
We all deal with crazy customers, there is an abundance of them to go around.

Scotchbrite

No comment
Yes. Some refer to it as cut vinyl, but we call it die-cut vinyl. It was introduced to the industry as die-cut vinyl with the early gerber plotters when they came on the scene.
I used to call it die-cut but then people seem to think I'm talking about printed stickers cut to a shape. Anymore it's hard to explain the difference.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
See, here's where...... maybe you're not old enough to know what came first.

Plotters have always been a machine which plots drawings, graphs and other things on paper or some other media.

Die cut has many meanings if you go back to yesteryear.

A die is anything that cuts. We're not talking about stamping, which is where many people get confused. So a die (a blade in our case), changes the shape of the original substrate. DIes are interchangeably called dies, whether they are the female part or the male part. Any die that removes, cuts, or shears material can be called a cutting die, regardless of its mechanism, while a die that doesn’t remove anything is a forming die.

What we all use...... is a simple die.

I still call it die-cut vinyl, mostly because it sounds better to say, your job will be die-cut high performance/cast vinyl than..... your job will be cut on a plotter. I've had many people look at me and say, I didn't know plotters could cut things.