• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to make your own application fluid ?

Newbie_on

Hello Folks,

I need so suggestions or Ideas on How to make your own application fluid ?

I am in a hurry and I can't wait till Monday if I place an order.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards !:peace!:

weaselboogie

ARE YOU CRAZY??

YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST USE RAPD TAC OR YOU APPLICATION WILL BURST INTO FLAMES!!!!

WATCH THE FREAKIN VIDEOS!!!!

:Big Laugh

MobileImpact

here we go again.

Just do a search for this on the forum and you will find no more than 1 million recipes for "weasel piss" or any of the other "brand" names used.

Heres one I Like to use:

1 part paint thinner
1 part Naptha
32 oz 93 Octane Gasoline
1 oz vinegar (for aroma)
Mix in a bottle and then throw it away.

Learn how to lay vinyl and you won't need the juice!
If you gotta use something, a lit mist of good ole fashioned H2O should do the trick

Kevin

Steve C.

In a gallon jug put 1 cup denatured alcohol, 10 dorps of
baby shampoo, fill rest of the way with water. Leave out
the alcohol if for digital prints.:wink:

Replicator

I Quit using Application Fluid all together . . . !

Just Spray Glass Cleaner from Costco . . . Blue and White can.

Cleans Great . . . No Residue . . . !

I use it on all the surfaces that need cleaning.

GoodPeopleFlags

Plain water works just fine. If you want, you can add 1 - 2 drops of Dawn to make it slippery and about 20% Isopropyl Alcohol to make it dry quicker. (Formula for regular spray bottle amount.) I've used that formula for 15 years and never had any failures.

Think about this: if "brand name" application fluids were the "only" thing that should be used, wouldn't each vinyl manufacturer have their own brand? Or even say "don't use anything but *insert brand name here*" but they don't.

Typestries

sorry mr bailey.....13 years, spray bottle filled with h20 and half a cap of woolite. Never once a problem. Of course, after a few years we only used it for floating full coverage backgrounds on plex before router cutting the vinyl.

Please, use app this time and learn to lay without it in the future.

when ur new in my shop, I don't even tell you about the existence of app fluid. I want you to learn dry from the get go

gabagoo

Plain water works fine only if you have a water softener. hard water can end up looking worse than dry. The purpose of the soap is to reduce the surface tension of water.

weaselboogie

sorry mr bailey.....13 years, spray bottle filled with h20 and half a cap of woolite. Never once a problem. Of course, after a few years we only used it for floating full coverage backgrounds on plex before router cutting the vinyl.

Please, use app this time and learn to lay without it in the future.

when ur new in my shop, I don't even tell you about the existence of app fluid. I want you to learn dry from the get go

I''m not really roger. Just keeping the spirit alive. His grating promos are forever etched in my mind.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I used to use
In a gallon jug add
a fifth of vodka
a teaspoon of ivory dish soap
top off with distilled water.

Now that I use the Big Squeegee, I leave out the soap and water.:wine-smi: