• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I hate flexi

PhantomNeon

I printed a lot stickers yesterday, and today i come back, turn on the computer, I don't move nothing, but gess what ???
all the blues are purple !!!!!
all the sttings are exactly the same, using pantone 661C.....now I'm in problems for match the color I printed yesterday !!!!
why this happen since are same files, same settings, nothign has been changing overnigth !!!
I'M SERRIOUSLLY CONSIDER SELL THIS )(*&^%%$$%^&&*&^%$$ SOFTWARE ON GO FOR A REAL RIP....
some advice????

iSign

I serriouslly think your )(*&^%%$$%^&&*&^%$$ sttings changed overnigth... my gues is it has nothign to do with Flexi...

ddarlak

Go Bills!
absolutely ....

positively ....

user error

i've used flexi since ver 5.8, and i've never experienced what you describe

ink contamination or starvation

meltsner

Agreed as well...Flexi isn't fun.

I had two files the other day, same color (CMYK value) in two shapes, but both documents looked different. Unchecking the "Soft proof" option fixed the one. (yes, I am somewhat new to Flexi!!) Maybe that's just a really faint possibility. Unless you actually printed it and the colors are different.

signgal

rofl @ all above comments...

Actually when I change "soft proof" on and off, it does this... try toggling "soft proof". yep, that simple...

John Butto

flexi?

I have flexi as a rip but have found that Caldera does a better job for me, have tried Shiraz, Wasatch and Colorbyte and found them all superior with color than flexi, which seems weak to me compared to the others. I do all my design work in Photoshop or Illustrator and save in either .eps or .pdf and my RIP's are on a computer that is just set up for the printer.

PhantomNeon

Good idea

I serriouslly think your )(*&^%%$$%^&&*&^%$$ sttings changed overnigth... my gues is it has nothign to do with Flexi...
I assume that the settings come back to default when Flexi is off...., or at least to the last settings I get it before...
I'm playing with it ...is very complicated...but seems like take time....until I get used, and to learn about how it works together flexi with mimaki....
thanks a lot !!!!

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Go to Edit > Preferences > Tools > Rip and Print > Make sure "Always Keep Rip And Print Settings" is selected.

mark in tx

I've never had color problems with Flexi after I got the system properly profiled.

Sounds like you need to run a cleaning cycle in the morning before you print.

MachServTech

Flexi isnt THAT bad...sure it's got bugs and it can be frustrating, but for the most part it is consistent. If you print well on Tuesday and something is tragically wrong on Thursday it probably is not the fault of any rip software.....unless you are one of those special folks that likes to change all of your settings in the rip each time you print....