• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I just caught a little mouse in my house!!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Many years ago, we lived in a house where we saw a mouse scurry across the floor. Carol thought.... isn't that cute............. ahhhhhh.

Called a friend of mine that worked for an exterminator company and he said.... if you see one in your house, guaranteed there are many more behind the walls you can't see. We set some traps. Every trap had a dead mouse in them within a day or two. Turned out living in the city... when one person has them.... they live up and down the row homes and travel between them. Bugs do the same thing. I hated those mice. When we moved away... we cleaned everything very carefully before packing to make sure we didn't take any along with us.

Out in the country now... we get an occasional field mouse in the house, but we have the house and garage fumigated three times a year and with our two cats.... we have little to no problems. Our problems now are the turkeys and squirrels that destroy the property. The turkeys aren't bad, but I shoot the squirrels with a pellet gun and I'm pretty good at about 15 to 20 yards. We got rid of the groundhogs and most of the rabbits ourselves.

Those 'Have-A-Heart' traps are a bunch of crap. Set out to catch a raccoon and I catch opossums. Set a trap for a groundhog and I catch a skunk. I even put little signs on the cages explaining what the trap was for and these little scavengers still go in the wrong ones. Why can't they go where they're supposed to go like aspirin does in your body ??

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Those 'Have-A-Heart' traps are a bunch of crap. Set out to catch a raccoon and I catch opossums. Set a trap for a groundhog and I catch a skunk. I even put little signs on the cages explaining what the trap was for and these little scavengers still go in the wrong ones. Why can't they go where they're supposed to go like aspirin does in your body ??

Your mistake is in putting text signs on the traps. You should put a digital pic of the species you are expecting to use the traps. I thought you knew rodents can't read?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ohh.... they can read..... and they can talk, too. It's just that we never hear them, but I know this about them..... they can read and talk..... I know it.

Marlene

Went into action and bought this large humane trap and left it in the back shop on a Friday night. Came in Monday and there were about a dozen little guys. I carried it to the far end of the units...maybe 300 feet away and opened it under a tree with rocks and a nice little place for the meeces to live.

we drive ours down to the river about 5 miles away so our little Lassie's don't come back as that's a little too far! one time we had a little mouse and we had just had a snow storm so our usual spot seemed bad as it was under so much snow. my hubby, daughter and I drove all over looking for a better spot and ended up letting him out near a barn about 30 miles away. I also had rasied two little babies, one I found on the hot pavment outside my paint store and another one that came with a piece of equipment. both had their little eyes shut but had some hair. taking care of them was a full time job as they are hard to raise. once they got big enough, we played "Born Free" and let them go down by the river.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
All you people that are taking these rodents down to the local river..... are you really telling the truth ??

I was always told if you take 'em to the river, make sure you tie the bag real tight and to double and triple knot the rope to make sure those little pests can't swim back or walk back to your house ever again. :Big Laugh

Marlene

All you people that are taking these rodents down to the local river..... are you really telling the truth ??

I was always told if you take 'em to the river, make sure you tie the bag real tight and to double and triple knot the rope to make sure those little pests can't swim back or walk back to your house ever again

no, I just take them to a place that has good ground cover, natural food and some water. I grew up in a home where everyone brought all kinds of critters to as they knew my mom would help. I just carried on in her foot steps and I don't know any other way of life. it doesn't take much effort to be kind to the living things around you. anyway, if ever the critters take over the world like in a sci-fi flicks, I'm sure they will make me their queen...:biggrin: